Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Hello all

Started by LVranger, August 19, 2012, 12:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LVranger

I'm new to Reno but not to riding. I love sport touring which is why I have the rockinest sport tourer: the Honda Blackbird. I'll ride pretty much anywhere but the bird isn't the greatest in the super tight corners or super bumpy roads. She's a great (hyper)commuter and was built for fast(like, really fast) sweepers. I was maping out some of the local, lesser traveled, roads nearby and was trying to decide between la porte, beckwourth or the 49 (or all three) when I found your site. I love how there are actually riding roads that don't take forever to get to around Reno. Some days you don't want to slog down the interstate all day. I'm from Vegas and it is truly an island in that regard.

Can't wait to meet up with you guys. Hope to get some good riding in before the season ends. Winter, whats that? Gonna be tough not being able to ride year round. Although I have been loving the mild summer.

Cheers

So here I am @ the races...

Naw, its all lies.

I live where the sky ends.

288RR

mobius

Hey there, welcome. Looks like I'm not the newest member anymore.  8)

I didn't see any snow in my area at all last winter, and approximately 2 days of snow the winter before (if my memory serves correct). So far I've been able bundle up and ride year round.

Bigcat

Welcome LV ranger. I too have a blackbird and grew up riding in the furnace that is Vegas. Are you the guy I spoke with at the stop light when I was in my truck the other day? Come out for one of our group rides and we'll show you some of the best  roads in the country ;D

LVranger

Naw, wasn't me. I'd love to go on a group ride. Ment to do the last one but slept in instead.  :(
I live where the sky ends.