Main Menu

Check out my video from the 650 Twins race at Sonoma Raceway

Started by CptnHornblower, July 08, 2012, 07:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptnHornblower

Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.

n10sive

Holy Shite! Looks like what Matt Lau did to Alan Cunningham (TWICE!) AND Rory!

From the looks of his leathers it looks like he spends a lot of time on the ground. I can see why.

Sorry about all the damage. Heal up soon!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

GreenMachine

I wasn't expecting that.  How was it you were so far out front up to that point, yet so many were getting past?

Agreed, the move was hasty and careless.  And OMG, you paid a terrible price.  Sorry Bruce. 

On the bright side, if you're looking to kill time, I hear they have discount passes at the movie theaters through the end of August.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Watching it again, he just takes you out.

Must have been horrific at the moment of impact, thinking where the F am I suppose to go!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Team Gorgonzola

That is why I don't race, there are enough idiots doing trackdays ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

CptnHornblower

I was getting lapped by the leaders in the expert class. The AFM now splits all the classes into novice and expert. We have separate starts, which is nice in some ways, but it does give the fast guys a 30 or 40 second head start, making it more likely that they'll lap the novice riders before the race is over. I was on the last lap in turn 8a, all I had to do was make it through 3 more turns and the race and my weekend would have been over. Instead it ended in the air fence because this moron named James Strauch decided to try and make the pass in 8a instead of waiting until we'd cleared the turn where there would have been tons of room to make his pass on the way down to 9. Now I'm looking at 6 to 8 months to rehab my shoulder, plus my wife made it clear that if I ever expect to have sex again my racing days are over :'(
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.

KKM

Bruce,
I was wondering why I have not seen you this summer. Now I know why. Hope everything comes back together quick on your bod for you. Maybe this winter we can try some dirt riding.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

n10sive

you going to at least do track days with us again some day? I finally went back after my 2 years rehab.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

CptnHornblower

Today is April 1, 2013, exactly 9 months since the accident. My shoulder is back to about 90%; I can function normally in day to day activities, but still pops if I put my arm across my body. My trainer, Rob Conatser, has a lot of experience rehabing shoulder separations (he was a trainer with the 49ers). He said it would take a full year to get back to 100%, and it looks like he's right. I'm looking forward to some weekend rides, and maybe a few track days on the Duc. See you guys this summer.

KKM

Good to see that you will be riding again. Healing sucks at our age. I am trying to get through a botched eye surgery right now. Not much fun at all. Hope to ride with you again soon.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW