Main Menu

My first bike night

Started by trent, June 25, 2008, 06:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trent

My girlfriend and I attended bike night last night for the first time. I have to admit we were feeling a little out of place till the end. Thanks Jerome for taking the time to introduce yourself and talk to us about the club. (OH and track day too) ;D Anyway Im looking forward to more bike nights now.
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

weavefish

Sweet man. wish i coulda made it but been working non stop since the dang plane crash :'( hope to see you out at the track...maybe in july hehe
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

n10sive

sorry about that trent. Believe it or not with all the talk, we are all just really introverts :) We just come to bike night to meet hawt chicks and since you already had one with you...all we could do is cry in our beer, eat our meatballs and go "lucky bastid"  :D :D

Welcome to your first bike night...sorry you felt that way though. Maybe we should be more observant of new faces like Jerome is (he is our dad yanno). Last night there were MANY! :)

Hope to see you there again!

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MotoPutz

Sorry to hear you felt out of sorts, you can always come talk to me but you have to come to the table since I am always back there, I was doing the raffle tickets last night since my gf was our of town. But yeah, I was the kid in the dorky work shirt. Come say "hey" next time. And if your gf gets bored she can always talk to my gf, since she gets bored as well.  Hope to see you out there again soon.

smoothduc

Quote from: n10sive on June 25, 2008, 08:53:05 AM
sorry about that trent. Believe it or not with all the talk, we are all just really introverts :) We just come to bike night to meet hawt chicks and since you already had one with you...all we could do is cry in our beer, eat our meatballs and go "lucky bastid"  :D :D

Welcome to your first bike night...sorry you felt that way though. Maybe we should be more observant of new faces like Jerome is (he is our dad yanno). Last night there were MANY! :)

Hope to see you there again!

You crack me up N10sive...
I can level with the new guy, I felt out of place too. In my case  cause of all the testosterone  ::) ::) and now I'm part of the meatball eating crowd.
I say just keep coming around, it's all good.
I came in 95 to this country, not speaking much english at all and making a fool out of myself all the time. I've lived in many different countries and have to say, Americans are the most forgiving people when it comes to newbees. I tried like crazy to learn and understand and you all (speaking for the country now) made it a fun ride for me. I guess the uncomfortable has been so long with me now I just know it's there for a bit and say "so what?"
Anyhow, hope I find the time to show up next week, how will I recognize you're newness?? Come up to me and shake my hand cause everyone is sort of still new to me, honestly, I just dont know.

trent

Thanks for all the positive words guys. I ride a blue 01 R1 so if I dont approach you feel free to say hey.

smoothduc

that works for me.
My pic is old, that bike has unfortunately been crashed. It's a monster for me now, red or black/red.

n10sive

Quote from: smoothduc on June 25, 2008, 02:37:33 PM
that works for me.
My pic is old, that bike has unfortunately been crashed. It's a monster for me now, red or black/red.

Was hoping to meet Sarah last night and talk horses! :(
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Justin

I'm Justin-  (The guy that was on the megaphone)  I'm glad to know you, and WELCOME ABOARD.
I won't be around next week but, i'll see you july8.  So. . . are you going to come to the track with us?

weavefish

there are ALLOT of SSA members at our trackday... good way to meet all the helpful members of the club.
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

trent

As of right now I have reserved a spot at zoom zoom on july 12th. This will be my first track day and Im very excited. If all goes well Im sure I will be hooked and do everything in my power to be at the ssa track day. Unfortunately I cant make Sundays ride but I will be at bike night next week and look forward to future rides.

yzinger

welcome to the scene!!! feel free to come up and say hi. I ride a fancy smanshee 07 r6 and my roomie rides one of the few white gixxer 6's in town. and she is a she.

MotoPutz

YAY for she-roomies!!!

Why does that sound bad when I read it out loud  :-\ :P

A DRAGON

Trent. Glad to have met you. I know how it feels to be the new guy. I try my best to make everyone feel welcome.  ;) Hope to see you and Olga at more of our bike nights.
We also get together on Sunday's at La Vecchia to watch the races from that afternoon. Some of us get there around 7pm to have dinner or just a coke and watch the races. Alberto is such a gracious host. Please feel free to jump right in and be one of the members. Make your self at home. See yeah next week.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

smoothduc

Quote from: n10sive on June 25, 2008, 03:13:14 PM
Quote from: smoothduc on June 25, 2008, 02:37:33 PM
that works for me.

Was hoping to meet Sarah last night and talk horses! :(

we lugged 2 tons of alfalfa, got in on the 2nd cut ;) and around rodeo time, that's a "take it now" deal. Once we're done, we where all sweaty, grimy, itchy and worn out.
On a positive note, Sarah learned how to drive our truck. She could hardly see over the steering wheel but drove as we threw bails on there. I'm so proud of her.
I got vacation coming up next week, can we come out and see your horses?