Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Dirttrack Action

Started by Mel, May 13, 2012, 10:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Hey guys,

Thought I would mix it up a bit with some dirttrack action, especially for you former and current dirttrack racers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ajTAi8EtqYs

Mel

GreenMachine

I see Alberto there in red riding in second place for a while, then out of nowhere someone T-bones him.  :-[  j/k

That was a well done video, showing action as it's seen and then as it happens on the track.  Cool! 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Team Gorgonzola

Ha HA, GM funny as hell!! Mel, I really like flat track and have a good friend that lives in Galt and use to race with the Roberts family.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Mel

Hey Alberto, I started racing at Lodi, CA which is where a bunch of pro flat trackers got their start and remember Kenny racing there before he went pro. I still like to get over to Lodi once or twice a year to watch the races, as it's like stepping back in time. By that, I mean it's the same track, grandstands, and snack bar as the old days  :). The Lodi MC has been running races there for over 50 years and they have got it down to a system. If you've never been to the races at Lodi, you really owe to yourself to check it out, trust me ;).

Mel

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-