Main Menu

<SPOILER> MotoGp Malaysia - Simoncelli

Started by JoeBar52, October 23, 2011, 02:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeBar52

As you probably know Marco died tonight at the Malaysia GP Race. I've seen the crash, and it's probably one of the worst one I've ever seen in my life. I'm so shocked and sad @ 2.33 in the morning I can't even fall asleep. I just needed to vent. We all know that what we do is dangerous, but to die like this it's unfair. RIP Marco, you will always be missed. Ciao futuro campione. 
Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside. (Valentino Rossi)

stimacsays

Not much of a spoiler here. No race.
RIP Super Sic. We loved seeing you at the USGP this year.

GreenMachine

What an awful way to start your Sunday: news of another racing tragedy.   R.I.P. Marco.  It was an honor to watch you display your racing talents.

I captured a frame from SpeedTV a split second before the accident.   The initial reports were that he was dragged by the bike, but I don't see that.  It appears he's in a low-side, attempting to save it or perhaps ride it out.  We'll never know.  It's just unfortunate for Edwards and Rossi, that they were caught up in it.  I'm sure they're both sickened too.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

n10sive

watching that this morning left me sick and crying. He was one of MotoGP brightest stars and personalities. He was one of the best.

RIP Marco

Hugs to Alberto too.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

cobra23

I watched the live broadcast.
My feelings are identical to all of yours.

Very tragic, it looked like he lost his helmet for some reason, that I do not uderstand, it clearly was rolling into the infiled, he was without a helmet when it looked like Rossi and/ or Edwards hit him. There was no place for either of those two to go, they must be sick today. I feel for Simo, Rossi and Edwards have got to be nearly ill from the incident.

Simo made waves he was a real character, I loved to watch him ride. He would have been one of the greats.

Tragic.

n10sive

There is a photo from the front. Collin's bike hit him mid body and Rossi hit him between the neck and helmet from the back. His helmet didn't "fall off"...it was ripped off his head. You can see the torn strap in the slow motion replays. It was still buckled. Vimeo.com has a high def, very clear slow motion video of the whole thing. The still photo shown from the front has been blacked out so the viewer cannot see the carnage that took place. The best set are at the Daily Mail website. I'm not going to post links here though. If you want to see them, you'll have to do the work. Sorry

Marco died instantly from major trauma to the neck and head.

cobra23

I agree with your helmet assesment, I am still troubled as to how it may have come off.

The whole thing is troubling.

Death I have dealt with... this one not so easy to deal with.

n10sive

I could tell you how from the motorcycle accidents I have been on, but I don't want to be graphic.

Needless to say, according to Spies who was commentating at the time, they are doing roughly 140mph right there. I kind of have to laugh when Spies goes "Not a terribly fast corner"  :o

Team Gorgonzola

I have been mourning in silence....very sad times.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

n10sive

n10sive

Saw this today and it put a much needed smile on my face.