Main Menu

Insane head on motocycle crash video

Started by n10sive, July 31, 2011, 06:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n10sive

Both guys survived this. The bikes didn't. Guy doing the lay down was a noob out riding over his head on a learners permit. Funny thing is, he used his Iraq deployment status as an excuse not to take blame LOL

Anyway, this type of thing has been known to happen on our area roads so be careful out there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5aHCXJhY_Y
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

GreenMachine

*** Pondering thoughts in the turn ***

"I'm not going to make it, so just slide and get away from the bike.  BTW, don't I look good riding in a sweatshirt and jeans?"  

Or

"Get the body lower,  the bike over as much as it can take and easy off the throttle to decrease your momentum.  Scared sh*tless, but no crash.

Good point n10sive.  Wills and I talked about this several years back, duplicating the concept of two sets of riders under similar circumstances passing vehicles from opposite directions in a high speed head-on.

Thankfully the riders ended up surviving.  Hopefully a little wiser next time.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Maybe just too much speed anyway.  The blue bike guy was going to overshoot the corner, no doubt about it.

What is it we say before every ride?  "Ride within your own limits and abilities?"  Somebody was looking at the pretty girls at Starbucks that morning, instead of listening to the ride leader!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

n10sive

Here is a pic of the guy who couldn't control his bike. See anything wrong? LOL

Flicker
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

GreenMachine

Nope.  Form's good.  :thumbdown He's all geared up and wearing a skull helmet.   :tard  Oh, maybe just a little big for the bike.  But other than that, ready to rock-n-roll!  :P

Scott

GSX-R600