Main Menu

New member selling bike

Started by BullsEye, July 02, 2011, 02:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BullsEye

I am hoping no one minds a new member from the Central Valley in California. I live near the Sierra Foothills and ride in the Sierras very often, especially Hwy 49. 
My name is Brooke I ride a 2006 Ducati 999s and I just bought a 2006 Hayabusa with only 311 miles.  The bummer is I cant register it in CA and it is too late to do anything about it as I already bought it.  They have a rule about 49 state bikes not being eligible to register until 7500 miles.
I listed the Busa in the Classified section of the forum if anyone is interested.

xxxxl

just go on a very long weekend ride, bam there is 7500 miles.

BullsEye

Quote from: xxxxl on July 03, 2011, 05:39:13 AM
just go on a very long weekend ride, bam there is 7500 miles.
They have that one figured out, they sent me a letter and stated that I can never register this bike.  :(

dub

Quote from: BullsEye on July 02, 2011, 02:49:25 PM...I just bought a 2006 Hayabusa with only 311 miles.  The bummer is I cant register it in CA and it is too late to do anything about it as I already bought it.  They have a rule about 49 state bikes not being eligible to register until 7500 miles..

How did you let that happen?  A little research probably would have saved you a headache on this one.

Also, what has been going on with this bike that it only has 311 miles in five years?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Is there a Hayabusa in Dub's future?  :terrified
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Actually, I think the 'Busa is one of the ugliest bikes out there.  Additionally, it's a waste of motorcycle.  It's far too powerful to ever be unleashed on public roads and it's too unwieldy to get around a track quickly.

Sorry, BullsEye, nothing personal.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

xxxxl

Quote from: dub on July 03, 2011, 08:17:16 PM
Actually, I think the 'Busa is one of the ugliest bikes out there.  Additionally, it's a waste of motorcycle.  It's far too powerful to ever be unleashed on public roads and it's too unwieldy to get around a track quickly.

Sorry, BullsEye, nothing personal.

depends on whether that track has corners or is just 1/4 mile long. (not all tracks have corners)
but you are right the busa goes like stink straight but twisties are not so hospitable.