Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

soltice ride

Started by buell12r, June 17, 2008, 08:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buell12r

just seeing who is going in the soltice ride

thinking of leaving a day early and staying at my family cabin by bodega bay over night (full size beds and showers), then meating up with the other riders in fort bragg. 

anyone interested?
post up

Resistor

I'm in  ;D  I just need to get my new tires on the bike, it's been a little more difficult than I thought.  Hopefully BVH will be able to get them done on Friday.

I'd like to head out early too.  I'm going to Utah for a week on Monday (leaving very early).  Doing the entire ride in one day will be a bit much right before my trip.
2005 GSXR-600

nvgixxer

I agree about this ride being a tad long for a one dayer! I hesitate to throw my hat in the ring, my poor tires are just about shot. Got me two new Pilot Powers waiting to be mounted sometime next week. If any of you CC guys are looking for a shop that does a great mount/balance job, try Bad Bonz in Minden, well worth the 14 mile drive. $25 when you bring wheel and new tire in. They are very careful not to scratch your rims too, a must for me!  :)
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

Resistor

Quote from: nvgixxer on June 18, 2008, 12:08:43 PM
I agree about this ride being a tad long for a one dayer!
That's what the sotice ride is all about, the longest ride on the longest day...although I'm wanting to do it in two  :-[
2005 GSXR-600

buell12r

ya know the day before the longest day is 2.4 minuits shorter.
that means that we can ride a long time that day also.

but all you on the track, I understand.

Quote from: Resistor on June 18, 2008, 01:01:09 PM
Quote from: nvgixxer on June 18, 2008, 12:08:43 PM
I agree about this ride being a tad long for a one dayer!
That's what the sotice ride is all about, the longest ride on the longest day...although I'm wanting to do it in two  :-[

its not the ride time or miles, it is the time spent on the freeway that gets me.
long, boring, and thats when it gets uncomfortable.

oh yea I'm getting new tires this week too

A DRAGON

I'm in for the longest day. We'll meet at the Starbucks on Mayann and McCarran on Sunday morning and turn keys at 6:30 am. Our route will be Hwy 20 all the way to Ft. Bragg. I'm hoping to have a support vehicle to go along with us. RSVP on this site so we can get a number of who's going.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Trekker

Resistor

I won't be able to see you guys in Fort Bragg.  I'm still riding down to the coast tomorrow with buell12r but I'll need to jet back to Reno Sunday morning to finish preparing for my camping trip.
2005 GSXR-600

Bigcat

It looks like I will be able to make it. See you in the morning..

Adiggity

nvgixxer

Quote from: Adiggity on June 23, 2008, 09:18:44 AM
How was the ride?
They probably aren't back yet!!  ;D  ;D
Those dudes are 'Iron Butt' heros in my book!

Adiggity

Quote from: nvgixxer on June 23, 2008, 11:51:04 AM
:D  :D Actually I did that ride last year and it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. It was however a lot of fun! I would've done it again if I hadn't already had plans with other things.

nvgixxer

Quote from: Adiggity on June 23, 2008, 01:04:35 PM
Quote from: nvgixxer on June 23, 2008, 11:51:04 AM
:D  :D Actually I did that ride last year and it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. It was however a lot of fun! I would've done it again if I hadn't already had plans with other things.
Me too, other plans..............I was a bad, bad boy, went with the NSC up Monitor Pass yesterday. Dang gusty winds almost blew us off the mountain!  :o

buell12r

had a great time ;D
oakville grade was nice
lake beryessa was good too
light veible traffic good roads nice weather
only 1 minor breakdown (me)
good times

A DRAGON

:-\The ride was actually pretty nice. Had a vew set backs but all was good made it home around 9:30. Only because we lost about 2 hrs. of time due to me missing a turn off after be stopped my the CHP in Nevada City. That cost us about 1 hour. We tried the south side of Clearlake this time and went about 40 miles out of our way. Thanks to Big Cat. Who was leading because I couldn't read a road sign. But Big Cat found a real tight road Hwy 175. We really have to do it again when we go that way.
Then on the way home I got stopped again because an off duty police office called us in for passing on a double yellow. That cost us another  30 minutes. So If I hadn't have gone the ride probably would have been fine. What good friends when you can have a bad day and they still stick with you. Thanks guys.[./b]
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750