Started by oldBolt, April 27, 2011, 11:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldBolt

Wow.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42762483#42762483

He should have the right to kill the F..ing cager that hit him. (IMO)  ;D
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

dub

There may not have been anything he could have done to avoid that accident, but what can we learn from it?

Situational awareness & escape routes:  Ideally, he would have seen that the car behind him was not slowing down and taken an escape route, either the left shoulder or lane splitting to the right to avoid being the meat in that motorcycle sandwich.
Following distance:  Had he not been making an emergency stop, the car behind would have had more time so see what was going on and stop in time.
Emergency braking:  It doesn't seem like it would have mattered in this circumstance, but you can clearly see he just locked up the rear wheel.  He probably needs to practice threshold breaking with more front brake and less rear brake.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

mikey

ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

GreenMachine

Looks like he was skidding just before he was hit.  I'm with Dub, I wouldn't be able to brake that hard without looking in my mirrors.  Given how quickly he as slowing, I think I would have assumed an escape route would be the best out.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Scott

yep a little jaunt to the left and it could of all been avoided.
hindsight is 20/20 unless you look in your mirrors!
:squidly
GSX-R600