Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Sunday Ride anyone? 4/17

Started by Scott, April 15, 2011, 09:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

just putting a feeler out to see if anyone is interested in a preseason Sunday ride this weekend.
:ylwbike2
GSX-R600

n10sive

FYI, 1trackmind, myself, xxxxl and Tammi are planning on heading south on Sunday. Destination is lunch in Bridgeport via 338 (smith valley)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Scott

that would be a good ride
topsy starbucks 9:30 ??
GSX-R600

n10sive

Our departure was going to be a little later than that....hoping it will warm up some LOL

when we finalize the plans I'll post up.

Merlin Rhoda

I'm interested if you don't mind an old fat slowpoke ...

GreenMachine

Seriously considering.  If I can get to bed at a decent hour.  And I'll need to know the start point and time.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

n10sive

Quote from: Merlin Rhoda on April 15, 2011, 10:51:07 PM

I'm interested if you don't mind an old fat slowpoke ...

LOL...have we met? There will be two of us at least now

Merlin Rhoda

So what time should I be at Topsy Starbucks?

n10sive

I need to contact the other peeps but we were thinking of wheels up in South Gardnerville at 11:00pm (there is a starbucks at Waterloo and 395). You Reno guys could meet up in Reno and ride down if you would like, from wherever. If you wanted to ride earlier, you could always play on Kingsbury Grade or something :)

n10sive

ok it's comfirmed. We'll be departing the Starbuck at Waterloo and 395 at 11pm. It's in the Scolaries parking lot (across from Smiths/Taco Bell/Jack in the crack).

GreenMachine

I rode with my ex gf up to VC today, so after that, I'm kind of busting at the seams; she owns a Harley.  I've never ridden VC all the way at 35 MPH before.  That's one boring ride at that speed.

Anyway, unless anyone has a better idea, I was planning on leaving the Chevron on S. Virginia/Huffaker just shy of 10:00AM, probably arrive there at 9:45 or something.

Here's the proposed route, for those wondering.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Scott

i really wanted to ride this weekend but i seem to have come down with a cold and feel like crapola! i guess ill have to wail till after Easter.
GSX-R600

wills

Quote from: Scott on April 17, 2011, 12:16:23 AM
i really wanted to ride this weekend but i seem to have come down with a cold and feel like crapola! i guess ill have to wail till after Easter.

That's the best time to ride! Take some cold pills and let the good times roll! I have some yard crap to do ,so the big bike will do a VC-Truck Route to Carson and then to Markleyville to see if a certain bartender :cheers
I will be leaving around noon. BTW the truck route has been swept. ;D
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

You're dreaming if you think that one is still bar tending!   :fail  I did my yard work last night and filled my trash receptacle.  I'm ready to ride.

BTW, why don't you take the CBR?  I thought you were going to give feedback on how it handles? 

GreenMachine

Quote from: Scott on April 17, 2011, 12:16:23 AM
Wimp!  :drool  I've contracted a case of too much ultra-violet light from one of those space stars and that's not stopping me.

Wills' ride sounds like a good one too.  You should rest up a couple of hours and take in that one.

Looks like a beautiful day out there today.  It would be a shame to let it go to waste.

Catch you next time and I'll see any of you Reno folks either at the Reno Chevron or at Topsy lane.