Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

new rider

Started by hurricane, April 13, 2011, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurricane

[img]Hey, I have recently gotten my first bike, 1987 Hurricane 600.  I have wanted a bike for a while and finaly gotten one. Its a decent bike, fast enough for me, for now. lol. I have been riding it for about the last 3 months, and I feel pretty comfortable on it.  I was thinking about trying to get into a MC, but not sure if its for me, then i stumbled onto your website, and like what I have been seeing.  I know a few guys in a MC, and they are really cool guys, but im still not sure if thats what I want.   For nowI ride with a couple of buddys of mine, and that is pretty fun, but I havent taken a longer trip yet.  so if you guys have any info about any thing that would be appreciated, and I would deffinetly like to go on a trial run with you guys some time.  Anyways, thanks for reading and hope to see you on the road soon.  J.
J.

mikey

Hi there see you on the road
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

Scott

Welcome and great to see you on the board!
The SSA is a great place to learn how to be a SAFE rider and progress your skills.
Please come out to one of our SSA bike nights at La Vecchia and introduce yourself on the 1st Tue of every month.
Our first Ride is a short one out to Markleeville and back on May 1st, only 120-140 mi depending if monitor pass is open or not.
:welcome
GSX-R600

GreenMachine

:welcome2 to the  :flagSSA

What Scott said.  Very ambassador like, I'd say.  Thanks Scott!

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

hurricane

Sweet!,  Im definetely down to ride on the first, Ill talk to one of my buddys and see if he wants to go, but I will be at the meeting on the following tuesday.  Is there a regular time you guys usualy meet?
J.

Scott

May-June = 9:30 AM
July-Aug = 8:00 AM
Sept-Oct = 9:30 AM

Southerly Leave from Starbucks on Topsy Ln. in Carson City.
Arrive early.  We turn keys from the appropriate Starbucks at the times specified
GSX-R600

Team Gorgonzola

Ssup Hurricane, welcome to our "Association". Some of us live, breath, dream sport-bikes 24/7 :o
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

hurricane

well thanks for the welcomes, im looking forward to seeing all of you soon, I am stoked for a longer drive.  Cant wait to see how much gas milage i get on my bike, its been kinda low around town, but i have been riding it a little hard, so i think it will do a lot better on the highway, lol.  I have recentley had it worked on and gotten the carbs redone and synced, so it should be up to the ride.  Ill see you all soon.  J.
J.