Main Menu

When is a good time to go to Reno Fernley?

Started by robp, February 04, 2011, 03:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robp

So we want to check out RFR this year but don't know when the weather is good, when it is a gamble etc. Can someone give me a lowdown on what to expect as far as weather conditions over the next couple of months and what to expect?

reno240sx

May through September the weather is usually pretty good. April it can still be kind of cold.

youngster775

this topic doesn't sit well with my tummy. we are not supporting or encouraging anyone to go to RFR at this time under current management.
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

robp

Quote from: youngster775 on February 04, 2011, 07:27:20 PM
this topic doesn't sit well with my tummy. we are not supporting or encouraging anyone to go to RFR at this time under current management.

Sorry, I don't know what the story is. What is the deal?

Team Gorgonzola

It's kind of a long story but the jist is SSA was denied any track time by RFRT this year (we have done track-days at RFRT for the last six years). Do come by La Vecchia if you want to know more, but SSA official position is: there will be not attendance, at RFRT by SSA members (at least the hard core SSA riders) which are quite a few by this point. We are discussing trips to T-Hill and even Miller, safer and with reputable and experienced track-day providers.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Rick Bay (BRA)

cobra23

Dam.

Alberto...

I hope you feel my pain, and I hope by next year I may be able to do something to fix this.

Ted

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: cobra23 on February 11, 2011, 09:09:15 PM
Dam.

Alberto...

I hope you feel my pain, and I hope by next year I may be able to do something to fix this.

Ted

Ted I am counting on it. You are the right guy for the job. ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

ChrisM

may on is typically ace although we did get snow at last may's SSA track day.  but it was just a skiff.

E!

Quote from: reno240sx on February 04, 2011, 04:40:48 PM
May through September the weather is usually pretty good. April it can still be kind of cold.

I've been on that track as late as November...
E

Accelerated Rider Coaching
www.ARC-Trackademics.com
ethan@ARC-Trackademics.com

A DRAGON

Yeah Well I won't be at RFR.  I'm only doing every other track But that one this Year.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750