Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

track day at rfr

Started by mean green 79, January 05, 2011, 08:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Gorgonzola

I can respect that, since you're talking about your livelihood, on the other hand I have been a much active member of this club (I almost quit because all the grief but then realized it wasn't coming from here) for many years (6 maybe 7) and just cannot, will not, stand still when others try to tear it down.

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

youngster775

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on January 26, 2011, 10:32:41 AM
Quote from: com3 on January 25, 2011, 02:56:30 PM
that sucks. :(  

hopefully you guys will stop taking things so personal and just hit the track with the homies and have a blast like i do.  i'm not into politics, personally.. i just love to ride.  ;D

Joe, this is not politics; it's real life. Sometimes one has to take a stand, and say: " it's not ok to do what you are doing, it's wrong and I will not look the other way!!" even if in the end it means self-sacrifice, unjust treatment and loss. Joe, if someone lied about your organization and yourself, spread nasty rumors about how you conduct business, blame you for  things you did not do, would you take that personal? Would that be "ok" and you would keep on "riding" with them? or would you want to stand up and say something.  I know I would, because I believe you are honest and fair, and I would know the difference between truth and lies! People has gotten soft; we always talk about being against something, that is wrong, but never really do anything about it!! Or perhaps, we stand up for some far away situation, that has no real bearing on our lives because it's easy; or maybe be against some conceptual ideology that in the end doesn't cost anything, to anyone, to be against. It would be easy to just stay on the sidelines and look the other way, just to keep the peace and not get involved. Not me!! I am tired of the b#@&*t! I am standing up, we; some of us, are standing up and saying: "this is wrong!!" Now, because of it, we've being shunned by the racetrack that we supported with everything we had, for the past several years, and being insulted by some wannabe motorcyclist that saw an opportunity to make money and did everything they could to take it. Because of that I will not support RFRT or the "local" trackday company (there's a funny story there) and I encourage anyone else I know, including my fellow SSA members, to spread the word and do the same.

PS: we aren't the ones that started taking things "personally", the only reason why the other club started, was about taking things personally and to the extreme, you didn't say the same to them did you?.
+one million! well said my friend.

PPS: I am not even going to talk about loyalty or appreciation for what the SSA has done in this community for the sport-bike scene.  We introduced scores of people to the racetrack, including all the local trackday providers owners and most of the other club members; we also made sure that you were there to take pictures as well. I guess none of that means anything anymore......
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

jlavallee

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on January 26, 2011, 11:04:05 AM
I can respect that, on the other hand I have been a much active member of this club for many years (6 maybe 7) and just cannot, will not, stand still when others try to tear it down.

I actually think talking about things is good. Even politics.

I have heard virtually nothing on the specifics of how and why certian things happened as they relate to SSA.

I personally have heard some rumors on happenings in the club but they're just that. Even so, nothing I heard was tearing the club down. What I do know is that I have no knowledge of virtually any details as nothing is posted or documented in a news letter. I can't take a stand if I don't know the details. Nothing I have heard about RFR (such as their decision to only book business units for 2011) changes my decision to ride there in 2011. Maybe I don't know the whole story?

youngster775

Quote from: jlavallee on January 27, 2011, 10:29:29 AM
Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on January 26, 2011, 11:04:05 AM
I can respect that, on the other hand I have been a much active member of this club for many years (6 maybe 7) and just cannot, will not, stand still when others try to tear it down.

I actually think talking about things is good. Even politics.

I have heard virtually nothing on the specifics of how and why certian things happened as they relate to SSA.

I personally have heard some rumors on happenings in the club but they're just that. Even so, nothing I heard was tearing the club down. What I do know is that I have no knowledge of virtually any details as nothing is posted or documented in a news letter. I can't take a stand if I don't know the details. Nothing I have heard about RFR (such as their decision to only book business units for 2011) changes my decision to ride there in 2011. Maybe I don't know the whole story?
we refuse to slander or post publicly on our website are shortcomings with RFR. Jerome, Aberto, or myself are willing to answer any questions about anything that happened or clarify and rumors floating around. If interested please call one of us, If anyone needs our number, please send a PM. thanks

cobra23

Oh boy.

I have been in Washington for a year, so I feel waaaayyyy out of this loop.

RFR?
Always been good to me.

SSA?
Always been good to me.

Maybe things will get better this year.

Captain

Quote from: A DRAGON on January 06, 2011, 11:04:47 AM
I'm all about thunderhill this year.  Don't think I'll be at RFR with anyone but SSA.  

:agree  

I really like Thunderhill!  I have no plans on traveling to RFR from Sacramento unless it is a SSA event!  I love to ride with you guys!   :GrnWheelie

I don't know about any political issues, I am also out of the loop.  SSA is who I know,
SSA is who I ride with!

TTPRacing

Guys,

I mean no disrespect and you know I have a soft spot for the SSA as well.  But Joe's comment is a prime example of what I have been trying to get across to a few of you here. ALL THESE RIDERS THINK ABOUT ARE WHEN THEY CAN GET ON THE TRACK AGAIN, doesnt matter if its with Precision, Z2, AFM, TTP ... ect.   As Joe said they leave the politics at the door because the truth be told we are all selfish when it comes to riding.. When we want to ride, we will ride.

"like i said, it's all about show-n-go.  from strictly a rider perspective (not from a biz standpoint), i'm not there to get to know the owners of the trackday company or the owners of the track or anything of that nature.  i'm there to warm up my tires, flex wicked, ride my ass off, try not to do something stupid, have a blast, go home, flex my e-penis, and think about the next trackday."

What I am getting at here is I understand their has been some wrong done here between a few of you and RFR, but with the few of you that say what the SSA does, simply put is killing you. How many honest track day riders will stick to their guns and not run RFR at all this year? I dont think many. Their is enough activity between my races, Z2 and Precision that it is a convenience to stay home and ride.

I want to see the SSA grow for 2011!!! And I honestly think that if you keep the distance from everyone, you will eventually lose  to other clubs and other trackdays simply because your local club isnt playing local when you should be.  All your doing is making other organizations stronger in your own area.  You want to take your ball home but the problem is everyone else has a ball for the same court. Just being honest here but you do not have the network to hold your ground without losing riders. And you are losing riders.

In my opinion, and that is all it is.. Suck it up and try to get back in the local game!!  God knows their was some wrong done between myself and the track in August and Octobers but I sucked it up because I knew if I didnt someone else would try to capitalize on my situation.

I mean this with the utmost respect and I am not choosing sides, not RFR's,Precisions,SBK's or SSA..... All I want is the SSA to grow. 

BTW hope all is well with you guys.

ChrisM

we will happily be at any and all available RFR dates.  along with post wsbk miller and some thill at well.  i don't care if they are double penetrating my mother while my little brother is forced to watch.  i just want to ride track.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: ChrisM on January 28, 2011, 12:02:14 AM
we will happily be at any and all available RFR dates.  along with post wsbk miller and some thill at well.  i don't care if they are double penetrating my mother while my little brother is forced to watch.  i just want to ride track.

I will not compromise my integrity (in my eyes) just so I can ride on some holed up parking-lot quality racetrack. Where I come from, respect, honesty and justice still means something. I was wronged unjustly and I won't forget it. Call me old school but I will not sell my soul for money or pleasure. Sam, the SSA will always be here. There was a time when there were only two of us at PJ'S Wednesdays after Wednesdays and that was just fine. I don't want to lie, be dishonest, or fuck anybody to get ahead, never have, never will. I just know that since some individuals joined the local motorcyclist community, everything changed...for the worst. Now it's about making money on the fellow motor-heads and fuck people over, for revenge and to get ahead in one way or another. I can proudly say the the SSA was NEVER about that, and will NEVER be about that. I know quite few people (some are my friends) that, although they believe what happened was wrong, don't have any other choice (because of financial concerns) but go along and bow, in order to get laps close by and cheaply.
I am not judging them, my choice is mine, just don't try to convince me that what I am doing is morally wrong or bad for the club. Hey, at least I am not double penetrating anybody's mother   ;D

The truth is out there!!

@Char thanks for standing with us, sometimes is really hard to put first morals and justice. I salute you, and I'll see you at T-Hill, Miller and who know where else.
@Ted the current RFR is NOT the RFR that used to be. Ask Danny, you know him well.
@Sam I couldn't care less what other people will do or go, I only care about my friends, and  they will still be around.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

cobra23

Wow Alberto those are some heavy words. I know you and feel you are indeed an upright an honest guy.

I'll stop in (I need to pick up my gloves anyway) we can have a conversation offline. I'm all mixed up here.

jlavallee

Quote from: youngster775 on January 27, 2011, 04:36:00 PMwe refuse to slander or post publicly on our website are shortcomings with RFR. Jerome, Aberto, or myself are willing to answer any questions about anything that happened or clarify and rumors floating around. If interested please call one of us, If anyone needs our number, please send a PM. thanks

It's not slander (Slander (n.) the act or offense of saying something false or malicious that damages somebody's reputation) if it is true. I'll follow up when I am in town but I'll be straight and tell you that anything that can't be stated from the rooftops is something I usually question. I don't have any real interest in getting into a he said/she said sort of thing behind closed doors and making a call on who or what parts I believe. My experience has been that SSA and others have been trustworthy even if I've not always agreed with each decision.

@ Alberto, I am 100% in support of your decision. When you feel you've been wronged then yes, stand up for your beliefs. Maybe if I ever get all the details and hear both sides, I'll be right there with you?

PS. Politics is real life. I'm not suggesting that the role SSA has played shouldn't have some merit but RFR is not obligated to behave a certian way and be "moral" even if that might be smart. I'm not picking here but unless there was a contract, even a verbal one, the track doesn't owe the SSA anything.

youngster775

Quote from: Captain on January 27, 2011, 10:19:01 PM
Quote from: A DRAGON on January 06, 2011, 11:04:47 AM
I'm all about thunderhill this year.  Don't think I'll be at RFR with anyone but SSA.  

:agree  

I really like Thunderhill!  I have no plans on traveling to RFR from Sacramento unless it is a SSA event!  I love to ride with you guys!   :GrnWheelie

I don't know about any political issues, I am also out of the loop.  SSA is who I know,
SSA is who I ride with!
RIGHT ON MAN! THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOYALTY  :thumbup

Team Gorgonzola

[/quote]
unless there was a contract, even a verbal one,

[/quote]

It was verbal and I witnessed it.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

youngster775

dub

If you write it on this website, it's libel, really.

Anyway, to everyone who doesn't care about this BS, I'll see you at RFR for some good times.  To the others, I hope I get to ride with you at another track this coming season. :)
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019