Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

track day at rfr

Started by mean green 79, January 05, 2011, 08:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngster775

Same here, I have room for 1 more bike and 1 person is the SSA wagon  ;D
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

mean green 79

I can carry 6 bikes so just gotta know when and if I have money.

Jp_Rio

Cool...looks like transportation is no longer a problem. Just let me know when you guys are going for anyone of those at either Thill or Infineon and all I need to do is check my class schedule and my bank account!  :P But if it is not a Tuesday or Thursday i most likely will be in!  :blackbike :flagbrazil

What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

youngster775

Cool deal JP! I like riding with you ;D I just gotta keep up with the phoenix  :r6y :blackbike

Jp_Rio

That's easy my friend... you just gotta use your brakes more often! :D  Can't wait for the kickoff of the 2011 season!!
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Jp_Rio on January 09, 2011, 09:32:34 PM
Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on January 08, 2011, 09:56:00 AM
The weekdays are about the same price as RFR but the facilities are 100% better at T-hill.

Really????? I gotta get my truck then!! I'll check the websites and see how much the trackdays will be. I definitely wanna try something else than rfr this year!

Buy a truck!!!!

com3

i'll be there.  in fact, i'll be there for ALL the RFR events this year. :D

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: com3 on January 25, 2011, 11:47:04 AM
i'll be there.  in fact, i'll be there for ALL the RFR events this year. :D

I hope you'll be taking pics at T-Hill as well, I like your pictures a lot, you really got talent; can't say the same for the RFRT management ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

com3

i'll be at thill and stuff too. :)  anyways, RFR is doing good things this year. i'm really excited!

youngster775

I'm afraid myself and many others won't be seeing you at RFR. :flagSSA

com3

that sucks. :( 

hopefully you guys will stop taking things so personal and just hit the track with the homies and have a blast like i do.  i'm not into politics, personally.. i just love to ride.  ;D

cobra23

dr1150

"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: com3 on January 25, 2011, 02:56:30 PM
that sucks. :(  

hopefully you guys will stop taking things so personal and just hit the track with the homies and have a blast like i do.  i'm not into politics, personally.. i just love to ride.  ;D

Joe, this is not politics; it's real life. Sometimes one has to take a stand, and say: " it's not ok to do what you are doing, it's wrong and I will not look the other way!!" even if in the end it means self-sacrifice, unjust treatment and loss. Joe, if someone lied about your organization and yourself, spread nasty rumors about how you conduct business, blame you for  things you did not do, would you take that personal? Would that be "ok" and you would keep on "riding" with them? or would you want to stand up and say something.  I know I would, because I believe you are honest and fair, and I would know the difference between truth and lies! People has gotten soft; we always talk about being against something, that is wrong, but never really do anything about it!! Or perhaps, we stand up for some far away situation, that has no real bearing on our lives because it's easy; or maybe be against some conceptual ideology that in the end doesn't cost anything, to anyone, to be against. It would be easy to just stay on the sidelines and look the other way, just to keep the peace and not get involved. Not me!! I am tired of the b#@&*t! I am standing up, we; some of us, are standing up and saying: "this is wrong!!" Now, because of it, we've being shunned by the racetrack that we supported with everything we had, for the past several years, and being insulted by some wannabe motorcyclist that saw an opportunity to make money and did everything they could to take it. Because of that I will not support RFRT or the "local" trackday company (there's a funny story there) and I encourage anyone else I know, including my fellow SSA members, to spread the word and do the same.

PS: we aren't the ones that started taking things "personally", the only reason why the other club started, was about taking things personally and to the extreme, you didn't say the same to them did you?.

PPS: I am not even going to talk about loyalty or appreciation for what the SSA has done in this community for the sport-bike scene.  We introduced scores of people to the racetrack, including all the local trackday providers owners and most of the other club members; we also made sure that you were there to take pictures as well. I guess none of that means anything anymore......
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

com3

i don't disagree with you at all, homie! 

buuuuuuttt......  how it ever even came to that is what i don't understand.  there's no reason for muckraking and shit slinging... unless you become TOO involved, i guess. 

like i said, it's all about show-n-go.  from strictly a rider perspective (not from a biz standpoint), i'm not there to get to know the owners of the trackday company or the owners of the track or anything of that nature.  i'm there to warm up my tires, flex wicked, ride my ass off, try not to do something stupid, have a blast, go home, flex my e-penis, and think about the next trackday.

that's how i used to do it before i started 4theriders. :) 

obviously, it's a bit different for me now froma biz standpoint.  i've got to be more tactful. i do have to know the owners and maintain relationships and the likes... but since i don't play the favorites game or anything even remotely like that, it's not hard for me to get along with everyone and be friends with everyone.  i'm totally cool with all the SSA guys, all the SBK775 guys, all the BARF and SBR and NCSR, and pashnit, and SBN and blah blah blah guys.  and i don't ever feel like i'm "in the middle." in fact, i don't even discern who's on "what team" anymore. haha! 

a couple of people from who-knows-which-side of your "rivalry" have approached me talking about this and that... i simply cut em off mid sentence and say "i don't care, i'm not into politics, and cause you're ALL my homies."

thems is my thoughts!  :angel