Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Another Newb!

Started by robp, November 01, 2010, 07:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robp

Hey all,
I'm Rob. Stumbled across this forum while looking into track days at RFR. Thought I would join and try and get some info. I live in Sacramento and would like to do a day or more out at RFR next season. What is the best time to go in terms of weather? What is the typical track day cost at RFR? I also was looking at RFR's website and it looks like they have open days that they host. Is that true or am I reading into it?
Thanks in advance guys,
Rob

youngster775

:welcome Rob! Glad you found us! as for me, I like the days in June... who am I kidding? I dont care what month as long as theres a trackday!  ;D A week or two before the trackdays our personal weather man Scott will keep us up-to-date on breaking weather developments.. typical was about $125 a day, some cheaper some more, but they are doing upgrades this winter which might drive our price up just a little, not much... as far as open days, mostly for cars... sometimes they do a test and tune.. keep checking in on the site for updates they will be posted up!  :thumbup
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Scott

yep  :welcome to the  :flagSSA
todays forecast:
too damn cold
GSX-R600

youngster775

2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

n10sive

oh grow a pair guys! I'm still riding to work every day! LOL

Heck, even Dub rode down from the lake the last night for bike night...and to Reno last week for Blvd Pizza on his naked SV!  :P ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

mikey

Welcome to SSA  ;D

I rode to work yesterday
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

Team Gorgonzola

'ssup robp....welcome to the site :afro
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Scott

Quote from: n10sive on November 02, 2010, 12:31:14 PM
oh grow a pair guys! I'm still riding to work every day! LOL

Heck, even Dub rode down from the lake the last night for bike night...and to Reno last week for Blvd Pizza on his naked SV!  :P ;D

i read the last part wrong! i thought you said "naked on his SV". in Tahoe in November you would have to be pretty hard core! lol :rainday
GSX-R600

Rick Bay (BRA)

A DRAGON

robp.  Welcome to the SSA.  Hope to see you on a ride next season or even better at a Track day.  Don't be afraid to introduce yourself when you know were going to be there.  Always happy to meet new riders.   

Are you just into track days? or do you do a coastal ride every year to?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

sparkygixxer

hello hello, see ya when the weather turns for great track riding!

cobra23

Welcome...

Soon as the temp is above 40 is good riding ....