Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Oct 22/23rd Track Days

Started by jlavallee, October 03, 2010, 03:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

Yeah I think I'm headed over the hill one more time before the snow flies. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Team Gorgonzola

Boy; great call on canceling :rainday this weekend.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Team Gorgonzola

Nov 21st T-Hill track-day. Ooops...it looks like karma.. ;D :rainday

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=95988

Karma's a bitch >:(
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Scott

NWS Sacramento, CA

Friday: Showers likely, mainly after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 58. South wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday Night: Showers. Low around 44. South wind between 5 and 8 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Saturday: Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 10am. High near 50. South southeast wind between 3 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Saturday Night: Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Sunday: Showers. High near 50. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Sunday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Monday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51.

Monday Night: A slight chance of showers. Areas of frost after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
:rainday :surrender

NWS Reno, NV

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM FRIDAY TO 4 PM PST SUNDAY...Friday: Rain and snow. High near 42. Breezy, with a southwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow. Low around 24. Breezy, with a west wind between 15 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow. High near 30. Southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow. Low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 16 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow. High near 30. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Sunday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 14.

Monday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.

Monday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.

Tuesday: A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
:ohno
GSX-R600

n10sive

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on November 18, 2010, 01:49:13 PM
Track-day canceled "Concern for safety" whatever....the bullshit never ends. Just call it "due to weather causing, pre-registration turnout and probably no shows at the track"= not enough money. Forgot; some of these people can't talk straight and be truthful. >:(

Karma's a bitch :rotflmao

They are offering everyone FULL REFUNDS even though the track is already paid for. This isn't RFR and they had committed their own money regardless of how many went, or if it got canceled. They are out a significant amount of their own money now. It wasn't funny when Jerome was out of pocket, and it's not funny when these guys are out of pocket. They are members of our community, so let's try and have some appreciation for what they tried to do...which is to get us out to ride THILL.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

youngster775

2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Team Gorgonzola

-Hunter S. Thompson-

com3

Regardless of why it was cancelled, the deposit was already paid. They don't get that back, as far as I know. At least, when I've rented the track before, that's how it went.. 

As long as they issue out the refunds as promised, there is no reason why this should be an issue. No one can predict the weather a month in advance. I've personally been stuck on donner during a snowstorm.. Considering MOST of the signups are from the east side, it DOES make sense to me.

Team Gorgonzola

A "real" friend of mine once said: " sometimes one need to separate the chicken salad from the chickenshit"
Inside joke.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

youngster775

I personally like chicken salad...  :banana2
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

sparkygixxer

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on November 18, 2010, 05:46:30 PM
A "real" friend of mine once said: " sometimes one need to separate the chicken salad from the chickenshit"
Inside joke.

But I thought the WHOLE chicken is what made some dishes taste so good  ;)

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: sparkygixxer on November 27, 2010, 02:44:57 PM
Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on November 18, 2010, 05:46:30 PM
Inside joke.

But I thought the WHOLE chicken is what made some dishes taste so good  ;)
LOL
-Hunter S. Thompson-