Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Oct 22/23rd Track Days

Started by jlavallee, October 03, 2010, 03:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlavallee

Not even sure if I will be able to make this since I had the 16-17th weekend booked off  >:( but can somebody explain to me why the SSA site is listing the following:

Friday Oct 22nd (noon til 6pm) = $75 in advance ($100 at thetrack)
Sat Oct 23rd =$125 ($140.00 as of October 18th, 2010 and $160.00 the day of at the track)

Yet, TTP is listing Sat 23rd along with race practice for $75 http://www.ttpracing.com/?p=322

n10sive

According to the TTP website, saturday is now a TTP track day. Another detail about this track day, they will also be running F config.  :o

From my understanding, RFRT will soon be working on the track and the last time to run C config for the season will be this next weekend. After that...no more C config until next year.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

jlavallee

Wow, the best laid plans of mice and men.

TTPRacing

We have not announced the Track day for Saturday the 23rd because we were waiting for SSA to make the announcement.

SSA will not being participating in the track day event with TTP.  Jerome will explain.   TTP has picked up Saturday and will run it. 

We just added the tab yesterday. Hopefully Jerome will step in and explain. Im trying not to step on anyones toes. This is why no one knows about this just yet.

n10sive

Unfortunately, Jerome is not back from vacation to explain, and I am sure he is not even aware of TTP's decision yet  :-\

youngster775

Quote from: n10sive on October 03, 2010, 06:46:19 PM
Unfortunately, Jerome is not back from vacation to explain, and I am sure he is not even aware of TTP's decision yet  :-\
He is aware, and will be giving an explanation very soon. 8)
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

n10sive

A DRAGON

Sorry guys. I've been in Mexico all last week.  Recovering from vacation and having family in town also. 

I've decided to cancel our last track day of the season.  Oct. 22nd and 23rd.  It's just not in the best interest of the SSA. I think we need to prepare for next year at this point.  Our schedule will be announced as soon as I can get some weekends dates from RFR.  We do have to wait for AFM, AMA and FIM schedules are out.  I don't want to have a date on a race weekend that's on the west coast.  I don't like doing this and I'm sorry if I have disappointed anyone for doing this.  All 2 for 1 certificates will still be honored next year.   I'll have a general meeting in a few weeks and we can talk about it all then.  Again sorry for all the inconvenience all this has caused. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

jlavallee

Quote from: TTPRacing on October 03, 2010, 06:41:03 PM
We have not announced the Track day for Saturday the 23rd because we were waiting for SSA to make the announcement.

SSA will not being participating in the track day event with TTP.  Jerome will explain.   TTP has picked up Saturday and will run it. 

We just added the tab yesterday. Hopefully Jerome will step in and explain. Im trying not to step on anyones toes. This is why no one knows about this just yet.

No worries, nobody is thinking you were but I wanted to ask the question as I notice a lot of chaos around the SSA the past few months. Hopefully I'll be able to attend and ride, F config should be... (Apply mom's rule)

TTPRacing

Just to be clear, there are no hard feelings with SSA on this. SSA and TTP talked before any of the changes were made. We were in agreement that it makes sense for SSA to take care of them FIRST.   We still have a good outstanding relationship with each other.   We wish SSA the best and hope to see all of you at our event in October.

A DRAGON

Thanks Sam.  Sorry for us not being there for you on this event.  Your the best and we wish you well.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Rick Bay (BRA)

com3

i'm totally lost... so the races on sunday are cancelled...but what about sat+sun as trackdays? 

dragxs11

Looks like we're done for the year at RFR.  Bitter sweet for me, Sat. was gonna be a cheap day but the weather isn't looking all that pleasant.

Team Gorgonzola

I don't think anyone is running a trackday this weekend. Cali is still going on..... ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-