Main Menu

I am in the house! (Finally)

Started by Alumitanium, September 27, 2010, 01:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alumitanium

Hello, i'm Chris Bell, i've been to tuesday bike night the past couple times. Jerome has been trying to get me to go out and do track day since Sept. '08. Well, I just got myself a track bike and will finally get my ass out there to do more than just Taste of the Track. Let's all hope the weather stays warm that weekend!
The FASTEST rider in "D" group!!!

sparkygixxer

Quote from: Alumitanium on September 27, 2010, 01:47:48 AM
Hello, i'm Chris Bell, i've been to tuesday bike night the past couple times. Jerome has been trying to get me to go out and do track day since Sept. '08. Well, I just got myself a track bike and will finally get my ass out there to do more than just Taste of the Track. Let's all hope the weather stays warm that weekend!

great!!!! You'll love it   ;D

karneybo

Carney

Alumitanium

'05 R6 "Raven"

Simple cosmetic fixes. Right mid and maybe lower right fairing, little plastic bracket rear brake cylinder screws into, front fender, ram air covers.
I got the seller to add a complete air ram assembly that i just need to install. The clutch isn't fully engaging and it seems maybe the spring isn't pulling the cable all the way back. Already have a replacement mid fairing and fender "on it's way". The tires are nearly brand new! The paint is low quality, but i can spend a good saturday polishing it smooth.

Since it has paperwork, i plan to get a decent set of fairings and swap those out during the times it's not on the track, and maybe wire a switch that activates/deactivates the lights/signals or a quick release for the stuff in the back and just tape the headlights.
Plus i just scored a $200 pair of AlpineStars boots for $40. Yeah, they're dirtbike boots, but they are FAR better than my steel toe safety boots! (and look better since they were used once)
Now i just gotta get down to Cycle Gear in SAC and get a Frank Thomas XTi I suit they're closing out for $199! Hopefully i find something to fit my tall frame. After that, i'm all set!

It also has an HR1 Riot can on it that i'm not fond of. Anybody wanna trade an exhaust that'll fit this R6 for that thing, i'm all for it.
Tried uploading pics, but it didn't allow it.

Scott

nice! you should be at miller right about now for their Yamaha appreciation days
GSX-R600

oldBolt

Welcome Alumitanium.
QuoteTried uploading pics, but it didn't allow it.

The server has limited ability to store pics from everyone.

GM put together I link to help with posting pics.  Essentially you just point to them out on photobucket or picasa.

http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=2834.0

Regards

See you at the track.
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

A DRAGON

Chris so happy you finally made in on the site.   Congratulations on the new track bike.  Your going to love it.  That R6 is a great bike.  I'm not sure if those motocross boots will let you shift very easy.  But they are very sturdy.  Good luck on your suit.  Being over 6' sucks for you.  Can't wait to see you on the track. :clap  Your going to be saying " I should have done this long time ago. "
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Alumitanium

Scott

noice! now you just need to get yourself a front fender
GSX-R600

sparkygixxer

that is a weird exhaust.  I really did think it was a gp style on.  hmmmm, very interesting

Alumitanium

i took that p.o.s. off, the right fairing and fender are on their way (hopefully). the left side swingarm slider spool was broken off, so i'm 1/2 way through tapping a new 6mm hole for new ones.

The headlights were wired all screwy and the upper fairing stay has only 1 bolt hole in tact. those will be my next challenges once i get the hole tapped and the whole exhaust thing figured out. cheapest route looks to be a stock can.

I think i'm gonna get a fairing set from china for the swap when i don't have it on track. Found some for $158 on alibaba.com

A DRAGON

Now your working it.  Don't be afraid to sell some of those stock parts to help pay for your Track parts.   :thumbup
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

cobra23

Welcome..

You do know what alibaba means in Arabic yes??

"thief" or "troublemaker"