Main Menu

This Sunday Ride to Monitor back to Reno for a Bar B Que with Street Kings

Started by A DRAGON, September 05, 2010, 11:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

i might will go on this as i tend to like the short rides better. whats gonna be our route? somthin like this maybe? Route Map
GSX-R600

edmunsan

C ya guys at Topsy Lane Starbucks at 930 AM. The War Dept. and I will do Monitor Then head West on 88 to meet my Brother at Amador Lake for a visit to his campsite for late lunch.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

A DRAGON

I think we have most of it covered.  Ice Chest with drinks can always help out.  There are tables and a few shaded areas with tables.  Bring some shoes for the football game and basket ball games too. 

Regina said she should be at the park around 11:30.  Those of us one the ride should arrive around 1:00.  See everyone there. :party
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

youngster775

Quote from: Scott on September 11, 2010, 10:31:48 AM
i might will go on this as i tend to like the short rides better. whats gonna be our route? somthin like this maybe?

I like going on those 20 min. rides, sometimes the 30 min. rides, where I just end up at the same place I started.... just gotta follow the blue brick road...  :r6y
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

sparkygixxer

Had fun today.  And as far as I know, we only had one incident, not even an incident.  But going up to VC one of the bikes pulled off on the straight away due to clutch problems.  We finally got the bike to stay in a gear and he headed back down to Reno. 
<If you read this White Ducati rider, let us know how you and your bike did on getting home>
Thank you to everyone who had the tables, food, and drinks ready when we arrived.  That was GREAT!  Sorry I had to leave early, but the school load of books was calling me.
See ya'll Tuesday at LaVecchia's
Sparky OUT!

GreenMachine

I think today's group was almost the largest group yet, nearly 30 riders!  Great seeing some old faces too and need to make introductions with more of the Street Kings.

I only have three pics from today.  I'll also have to search the video footage for some other gems.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

wills

Monitor's getting new pavement :D
Scott is the white Duc owner and that is the 2nd time the clutch pooped out on Gieger Grade >:(
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

But that was Scott's old red Duc.  He sold it and got this one.  How strange.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

sparkygixxer

Quote from: wills on September 12, 2010, 07:03:47 PM
Scott is the white Duc owner and that is the 2nd time the clutch pooped out on Gieger Grade >:(

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 12, 2010, 07:08:40 PM
But that was Scott's old red Duc.  He sold it and got this one.  How strange.

I think he said that he just had the transmission serviced too...I wonder if the same guy serviced both bikes.  I sure hope that's not it!!!

Scott

Sparky! wheres the video for today? you too GM! you've had 8 hours to edit and post it! bunch a SLACKERS! lol  ;D :popcorn
GSX-R600

sparkygixxer

Quote from: Scott on September 12, 2010, 09:41:28 PM
Sparky! wheres the video for today? you too GM! you've had 8 hours to edit and post it! bunch a SLACKERS! lol  ;D :popcorn

Oh no, I was an idiot and was taking continuous photos for most of the day.  I got 1173 I think it was of photos...yeahhhh I'm not gonna go through them all to see if I got any cool shots.  I doubt it anyway, I was kinda in the middle, back most of the day where it was nice and quiet.  No crazy riders with  me, so it was nice  ;D

But if you wanna go through all the pics to find any you think are worthy, then be my guest.  Just let me know before Friday, cause I'll delete it before the weekend.

A DRAGON

Wow what a weekend ride.  I had a wonderful time.  The ride was pretty good.  Everyone rode well with in their limits.  So happy to see.  I got to sweep most of the way. So nice to just cruise.   GM, Big Cat and Trinie you guys are so good  Very good job of leading. 

Street Kings said it was the best ride of the year for them.  It's good to know that we can bring joy to other riders.  Excellent job again guys and gals.

The Bar B Q was even better.  I had so much fun.  Had to cheat to keep up with those Street Kings.  :surrender They took it all in stride with good humor.  They got a touch down when a player came off the bench and snuck :hiding behind us in the end zone.  We had to  give it to them because it was so creative.  We didn't see it coming.  It was so original.  No one cared about the score we all just laughed so much.  Dino came out after work and ran for a touch down in his loafers.  It was great watching him tip toe around would be tacklers.  Regina even caught a few passes and showed some moves.  The food was even better. I saw GM with a hugh plate of food and he was going back for seconds.  Tells me we've been missing the boat.  This won't be our last time. I think we'll have another one before the end of the year.  It was to much fun. 

Thanks again to all who helped make it happen.  :thanks

GO SSA   :flagSSA
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750