Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Aug 30th Bike night SOUTH

Started by n10sive, August 28, 2010, 12:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n10sive

This weeks location for the bike night will be Johnny Rockets located at Snyder and Hwy 395 (south Carson, in the Carson Lanes bowling alley). Come on down! We start at 6pm!

MAP

Yes folks, this is now a traveling bike night ;D Coming to an area near you soon!

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Scott

sweet! anyone coming down from reno we could meet up for a little group ride action! :)
GSX-R600

n10sive

I think Jerome was talking about making this one. Trinnie has also been a sweety and had come to a few. She LOVES to ride so good chance she will come.

sparkygixxer

Chaos in Nursing school has already begun, and it's not even Monday, the official start day, yet.  Grrrrr.  Would love to go down (watch it  ;) )  Unfortunately I won't know until an hour, if that before I hit the road.  But you know I will try...I love trying all the new places  ;D ;D ;D ;D

GreenMachine

Really dumb question.  What time?  I was suppose to be down that direction today, but weather killed my plans.  Stupid uncontrollable weather. 

I'm in for a burger and fries.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

n10sive

Sorry GM. Good catch. I modified my OP. 6pm is when we get started.

Suckerpunch

Im going to try. Worst case ill be late. What time does these usually wrap up? Im thinking if not 6 maybe 7ish for me.
"(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)*****(@)

1999 TL1000R

n10sive

we'll be there. Probably until at least 8. Then us old guys have to take our Geritol and head to bed :)

GreenMachine

No ride afterwards?  I've got a little bit of cabin fever after this weekend.  Hopefully the forecast isn't like Sunday's, where they said PM showers, but it rained almost all day and cleared up in the PM.  See you tonight!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

n10sive

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 30, 2010, 07:48:10 AM
No ride afterwards?  I've got a little bit of cabin fever after this weekend.  Hopefully the forecast isn't like Sunday's, where they said PM showers, but it rained almost all day and cleared up in the PM.  See you tonight!

maybe some other folk will go back over the VC route with you. We have some new people showing up tonight so we'll probably socialize for a bit. But ... who knows with us LOL

GreenMachine

Not too chilly tonight.  Stayed a little after you left Dale, then headed straight back to Reno.  Made every single light home too.  VC hwy at 395 was awesome, b/c I came up to it at full speed just as it turned green and there was an open lane.  HOLESHOT!!!

n10sive

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 30, 2010, 10:42:41 PM
Not too chilly tonight.  Stayed a little after you left Dale, then headed straight back to Reno.  Made every single light home too.  VC hwy at 395 was awesome, b/c I came up to it at full speed just as it turned green and there was an open lane.  HOLESHOT!!!

Woohooo! I can only ever dream of making the light like that. But when I get the left lane holeshot I do a pretty good run onto the freeway. It's a blast LOL

Thanks for coming down GM! It was fun to see you down there. Good to see all the good conversations going on too!

Justino

It was nice to hang out and shoot the breeze with you GM.
Glad the return flight wasn't too cold. 
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

A DRAGON

Dale I heard your at V.C. this coming Monday?  I missed Johnny Rocket's  Damm.. :fail
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Dale said the 13th, b/c the 6th is a holiday.  I believe the destination is DoppleGangers in CC.

He's looking for suggestions on what food destination for a VC trip, so if you know of a good place to eat up there, put in your vote.