Main Menu

Please introduce yourself in a new thread topic below.

Started by A DRAGON, August 14, 2010, 12:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Alberto, you missed your opportunity for a shameless plug.  Here, I'll do it for you.

SSA Tuesday Bike Night, hosted by La Vecchia Ristorante.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 24, 2010, 09:10:16 AM
Alberto, you missed your opportunity for a shameless plug.  Here, I'll do it for you.

SSA Tuesday Bike Night, hosted by La Vecchia Ristorante.

Thanks GM you're a pal :)
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Boottop

Hi I live in truckee and I'm always looking for more people to go on rides with and would like to get out to the track at some point in the future, preferrably near future, but for now the I'm more than happy riding whenever and where ever I can

John

A DRAGON

Quote from: DEraSMO74 on August 24, 2010, 08:45:12 AM
sweet!  I plan on finding that place and coming down tonight. 

Jon nice meeting and talking with you and Nora tonight. Hope to see you on our next Sunday ride. You two seem pretty good riders. You carry yourselves very well.

Nora I will make your next track day experience with the SSA so much better. I promise. ;D ;D

Jon we have some extremely fast guys at our track days. I'm sure you'll find some one to dice it up with.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

Quote from: Boottop on August 24, 2010, 08:19:31 PM
Hi I live in truckee and I'm always looking for more people to go on rides with and would like to get out to the track at some point in the future, preferrably near future, but for now the I'm more than happy riding whenever and where ever I can

John

John just sent you a PM. Welcome again. I hope you meet us in Truckee this weekend. I think we might be swimming so bring some water shoes and some goggles. It's going to be fun. I heard Green Machine talking about Mosquito Ridge Rd. This weekend. That palace is pretty cool. We'll have to alert the SCR Crew out of Sacramento. Let them know were on our way.  Check the General Discussions thread for all our updates.   Again Welcome to the SSA
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

want2ride

Hey what's up. Moved up form Sacramento and looking to meet new people who love to ride. I have enjoyed riding for several years now.  I ride a 2008 Suzuki GSXR 1000.
Attended one of the bike nights in Gardnerville and meet some wonderful people there who belonged to SSA. and decided to become a member.  Hope to see more of you guys out there on the road.............want2ride.......

n10sive

welcome to the site! If you met wonderful people in Gardnerville, I must not have been there that night LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

A DRAGON

want2ride Welcome to the SSA. We will be riding this Sunday if you can make it. We'll be leaving from the Starbucks on I-80 and McCarran Blvd west. We turn keys at 8 a.m.  We'll be headed west into the mountains. I'm sure you'll love it. We do ask that you keep your speed down close to the speed limit. We do all that High speed stuff at the track. Hope you can make it and we'll look forward to meeting on a Sunday or Track Day.    ;D ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Team Gorgonzola

Welcome "want2ride". Hope to meet you on a Tuesday at our bike nite.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

DEraSMO74

It was a real pleasure meeting you guys last night down at La Veccia's.  Nora and I look forward to coming out to the track and riding with you guys in sept at RFR.  Unfortunately we wont be able to meet you this Sunday for the group ride as we are going to Thunderhill with Zoom Zoom.  thanks again.  See you next tuesday.

Jon

TK

New to the site, but had the pleasure of riding a track day just recently and met a few members.  A little about myself:

Been riding for just under a year, hit the local spots (usually solo rides for an hour or so): Grade, truck route, Rose, 89... along with a lot of commuting.  Had the one track day and intend to make as many as possible before it gets too cold.  Looking forward to meeting a new group of guys/girls.

See everyone around!

Adiggity

Quote from: TK on August 26, 2010, 11:55:42 AM
New to the site, but had the pleasure of riding a track day just recently and met a few members.  A little about myself:

Been riding for just under a year, hit the local spots (usually solo rides for an hour or so): Grade, truck route, Rose, 89... along with a lot of commuting.  Had the one track day and intend to make as many as possible before it gets too cold.  Looking forward to meeting a new group of guys/girls.

See everyone around!
Hey TK. I recognize that bike! How'd the makeshift shifter work for you. I never did get a chance to follow up with you on that. It was nice meeting you last weekend. Wish you coulda made both days. Do you feel getting out to the track helped you in terms of becoming a better rider? Just curious.

joshd

Hey,  Been around here a little while now, but just found this site. Hope to make it to some Sunday rides soon. I've been riding street for quite a while, and off-road for a couple years now.

See you all around.

TK

The shift lever is still holding strong!  Wouldn't have been able to finish up the day without it.  Going to bring the bike down to have the geometry adjusted as well as get a full set of sliders (that should have been installed before I decided to bring her to the track...).  As far as being a better rider, my before lunch and after lunch sessions were leaps and bounds apart.  Really felt the difference after starting to correct my body position, long way to go still.  Definitely hooked, already signed up for both Sept. days.  All the effort from the track guys to help me out was invaluable as well.  Big shout out to everyone that helped on and off the track.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: TK on August 26, 2010, 04:24:03 PM
The shift lever is still holding strong!  Wouldn't have been able to finish up the day without it.  Going to bring the bike down to have the geometry adjusted as well as get a full set of sliders (that should have been installed before I decided to bring her to the track...).  As far as being a better rider, my before lunch and after lunch sessions were leaps and bounds apart.  Really felt the difference after starting to correct my body position, long way to go still.  Definitely hooked, already signed up for both Sept. days.  All the effort from the track guys to help me out was invaluable as well.  Big shout out to everyone that helped on and off the track.
TK, within few track days you'll be going so much faster and more importantly you will be safer and more confident on the street. BTW that MV Agusta is sweet, they make those close to my home in Varese Italy.
-Hunter S. Thompson-