Main Menu

Please introduce yourself in a new thread topic below.

Started by A DRAGON, August 14, 2010, 12:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

Here is your opportunity to say hello to the SSA.  Tell us about yourself and some of your interests, as well as, what you hope to become as a motorcycle enthusiast.  

Welcome to the Club ;D ;D  
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Team Gorgonzola

Yo, I ride and cook Italian (I also make killer carnitas). See you at the track ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

sparkygixxer

Um hi... I'm like really excited about meeting new people and like... Oh, I've just started riding a few years ago  ;) ;)
I like pina coladas and taking walks in the rain....hahahaha.  Sorry Dragon I'll be serious now.
Trinie here
like riding...bikes mostly.
Quote from: dub on August 14, 2010, 04:13:08 PM
FIRST!

Hello.

:)
What up Dub?  ;D
Yes I'm being a dork!

Jp_Rio

Hey my president, is just a suggestion, but what do you think about creating this thread where we have the general chat tree together with the "general discussion"; "garage"; "wanted" and so on at the home page??

That way each introducing member would have their own thread and would dismiss the need of bumping this one to the top all the time.

Would that be hard to do!?? Just wondering...
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

Justino

+1 jp

we can click on each person's name to find out more, no?

Oh, I'm Justino and I live in NW Reno.
I like the Italian food at LaVecchia
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

Jp_Rio

Quote from: Justino on August 16, 2010, 12:19:11 PM
+1 jp

we can click on each person's name to find out more, no?

Definitely, but would be cool to have each one a thread so each new member gets greetings from the old members on their own threads, which cause two things:

1) Encourage them (the shy ones at least) to create a new thread right away.
2) They receive as many greetings as users are willing to give. Meaning that let's say I am new and I introduce myself here and then two posts later someone new introduce him/herself. Now (normally), the attention is turned to the new person and the former kinda loses his attention. It's almost like when you have a kid and then you go and have another one. The older one might get jealous (i dont know, i never had kids, so..) And is always good to receive nice greetings, especially at the beginning when you dont know anybody. Anyways...

But there are good aspects doing this way, which is less threads being created and less stuff to keep track of...

Btw, took me a little while to "re-find" this thread...

Just thoughts... as always!  ;)

Jp_Rio

Going with the flow...

This is Joao Paulo (a.k.a JP) here. I am from Brazil and am taking some classes at UNR. I ride a 06 Yamaha R6 Raven/Phoenix which has way more power to give than I can explore at the moment... And to be honest and to give you guys a little something to "smile" about, my goal is to become a competitive, if not racer, trackday rider!That's one of the reasons why I wake up everyday!!

One day...one day...

edmunsan

Im ED I have issues but I recognize them. I love to ride and eat chicken adobo.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

GreenMachine

My riding enthusiasm comes from a solid safe and sane ride, hanging with interesting riders, meeting new faces, and experiencing local culture.  Reflecting on previous slow or fast paced rides, one thing for sure, the farther I ride above and below 80%, the less enjoyment I take.  I most closely tie myself to rides with Dub, Wills, SparkyGixxer, A Dragon, Dean "Gixxr", and BigCat.  Good times!  Good times!

I enjoy following MotoGP & AMA SuperBike and going to RFR to watch.  You guys really know your stuff!!  At one time, I dreamt of pushing the limits, but I'm just not that talented.  I'm certain I'll do a trackday or two because I support SSA and the people here.  So don't be offended if I head out from the track early to venture off elsewhere.  The road beckons me to where I'm most at home, places like Downieville, Markleeville and the summits that crisscross the California Sierras.

See y'all on the next ride.  :)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

DEraSMO74

What's up SSA?  I just moved to Reno from NY and I was an avid track day rider with NESBA for the past 9 years.  I've done just about every track east of chicago and I'm looking forward to doing some new tracks here on the left coast.  I have an 07 1098s track bike and I'm ready to do some laps.  Which track day org is the best to become a member of?  Or do the tracks just hold open track days?  talk to me...

Jon

n10sive

Jon,

Our local track does have some open test and tune days. Mostly, it is rented by either a club (like SSA), or a trackday provider. This year the normal providers did not come out due to the tracks bankruptcy and a few other items that are boring. There are 'local' providers like ZoomZoom track days, Pacific Track Time, Kegwins at the Track, and a few minor ones like Apex. All these providers hold events at Thunderhill, Infineon, Leguna, Button Willow, Miller and once upon a time, RFR.

You'll have fun riding out here as there are lots of choices and opportunities, and some really great tracks.

Check out the bike night schedule and pick a night to come out and meet other riders. The SSA official night is Tuesday at LeVecchia in Reno.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

sparkygixxer

Quote from: DEraSMO74 on August 23, 2010, 03:01:06 PM
I just moved to Reno from NY and I was an avid track day rider with NESBA for the past 9 years.  I've done just about every track east of chicago and I'm looking forward to doing some new tracks here on the left coast. 
Jon

I gotta friend named Dean who rides with NESBA and just found out today that I'm getting a new neighbor who is from Virginia that rides the east coast tracks all the time.  I'm always excited to meet the guys from the "right" coast and hear their favorite rides and tracks!!!
Hopefully we'll see you at LaVecchias Tuesday night or at any of the get togethers.  Glad to have you out here in the Reno area.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: DEraSMO74 on August 23, 2010, 03:01:06 PM
What's up SSA?  I just moved to Reno from NY and I was an avid track day rider with NESBA for the past 9 years.  I've done just about every track east of chicago and I'm looking forward to doing some new tracks here on the left coast.  I have an 07 1098s track bike and I'm ready to do some laps.  Which track day org is the best to become a member of?  Or do the tracks just hold open track days?  talk to me...

Jon

Hey Jon, welcome to Reno and SSA. We hos track days at Reno Fernley Racetrack, just 35 min east of Reno it is our "home track". I am a Ducatista as well and can't wait to meet you and run some laps with you. Come by our bike night on Tuesday at "La Vecchia", also the official northern Nevada Ducati club house.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

DEraSMO74

sweet!  I plan on finding that place and coming down tonight.