Main Menu

SSA Reno/Fernley Trackdays Roll Call 09/18- 09/19

Started by GreenMachine, August 02, 2010, 11:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Scott on September 03, 2010, 01:30:19 PM
Posso estar na pista ou eu posso estar caçar veados.

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

:chilling

A DRAGON

Team Gorgonzola.  Your he man now.  Getting faster all the time.   :champion
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dr1150

"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

youngster775

2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Darren

Hey everyone! I'll be there on the 18th and splitting the twofer with my fellow SCRer.

Will there be parade/taste of the track laps at lunch time? Three group format? 20 min sessions?
Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat!

"I ride slow so my friends look fast"

Www.sacramentocrotchrockets.com

sparkygixxer

Quote from: Darren on September 07, 2010, 11:54:41 AM
Hey everyone! I'll be there on the 18th and splitting the twofer with my fellow SCRer.

Will there be parade/taste of the track laps at lunch time? Three group format? 20 min sessions?
Very cool, can't wait to see ya there.  :howdy
We do have a taste of the track, both days about noon when the riders are having lunch, there are some rules/regulations to follow on these three laps as well. Adragon will clue you in on them.   And yes, there is usually a three group format/each 20min.  Here is the link, just in case you haven't come across it yet. http://www.sierrasportbike.com/infoTrackday.htm

GreenMachine

Quote from: Darren on September 07, 2010, 11:54:41 AM

Darren, I just did my first track day last month on a 2fer1.  Pay the morning of.  Quite simple so long as you get everything from the list Sparky URL'ed checked off.  My street ready 9R didn't need anything but a good look-over and I already had leathers & boots.  Do a dry prep run on your bike at home so you'll feel confident she's ready.  I skipped that and it bit me.  Fortunately, someone had some parts I could borrow. You must follow the tech inspection AM time and riders briefing to the letter, but after that it's all fun.

If you're starting in C Group and don't know how fast you are, I suggest starting at the back after the C session's 2nd call to grid.  Once you're familiar with the track and how you pace, if you feel you're a fast C or C+ pace rider, get to the next grid right as they make their 1st session call.  That way you can be out front and have the whole track to yourself.

For any of your friends wanting to try the Taste of the Track, I've done that too.  Bikes must follow the same guidelines for prep, but inspection oversight isn't as technical.  Just be considerate not to endanger others by taking a bike that's leaking glycol, oil, dropping parts -- poses a safety concern for the real track riders later.  As a safety precaution, some body armor and boots would be wise.  Max speed is 45 MPH, no passing, no passing the pace rider and no falling back and racing forward at faster than 45 MPH.  It's a Taste of the Track, a privilege to those who want to get a feel for what it's like to be on a race track with other riders.  Other than the main straight, I'd regard this track as a handling course and very different than Thunderhill. 45 MPH, as a taste, will be plenty fast enough for 70% of it.

And feel free to ask questions before hand.   I know other SCR riders have been to a SSA/RFR Track Day, so you can ask them what you can expect too.

YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dr1150

Hey Youngster775, Will be great to see you also.
"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

andyhelfen

Dub, I checked my schedule unfortunately next Monday will be tough for me.  Most week nights by the time I get home its around 8 so hard to make bike nights on Monday.  If I get out early I'll be there at Dopplegangers.  I'll see you guys on the 18th for sure.

Mr Gorgonzola yeah my Ducati is an 2006 800 Supersport.  Definitely not the fastest Ducati but plenty fast for a track rookie like me.. ha ha.  Hope to see you guys on the 18th!!

Andy
2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 RR

Darren

Thanks guys for the responses. I've been to RFR many times the past three years and I did the SSA's double header in May. So I'm familiar with the trackdays. I'll be riding A group. Just did the SBK775 trackday last weekend. :-)

I'll be bringing a friend with me and would like to take her out for the taste of the track laps and just wanted to make sure it's ok to take her two up?

GreenMachine

Darren, I was wondering if you had or not, but thought I'd cover all that stuff anyway.  *me* take off boot and insert into mouth.   :surrender  ;)

I believe two up is okay, but I'll let Jerome confirm.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Darren

Hey, no worries Green Machine!  ;)

Thanks Jerome, for the confirmation!  8)

See you guys in ten days!!  ;D

dmh2000

Quote from: andyhelfen on September 07, 2010, 09:22:10 PM

Mr Gorgonzola yeah my Ducati is an 2006 800 Supersport.  Definitely not the fastest Ducati but plenty fast for a track rookie like me.. ha ha.  Hope to see you guys on the 18th!!

Andy

don't worry. if there's one thing I learned doing trackdays is that its not the bike, its the rider.  I've seen kawasaki 250's pass literbikes.  (and I've been passed by just about everyone and everything). It's a learning process and you will improve each time you go out.
dave

Jp_Rio

Quote from: Rick Tahoe on September 05, 2010, 09:36:35 AM
Quote from: Scott on September 03, 2010, 01:30:19 PM
Posso estar na pista ou eu posso estar caçar veados.

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

:chilling

Hilarious isn't it??? lol This one is only for :flagbrazil:banana2

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on September 04, 2010, 04:19:11 PM
Dub is railing his SV, I wouldn't be surprise he is well under 3:00min.

Holy Macarroni!!! 3 minutes?? And he wanted ME, MYSELF, JP to go together with him on the track!! No way Dub, unfortunately is gonna take a while till I can ride with you my friend. I still have a lot to improve.  :hiding But YOU riding with me, that's a completely different story!  ;D

What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!