Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Help

Started by BumblebeeR6, July 06, 2010, 09:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BumblebeeR6

Does anyone want to spend a day with me teaching me how to do things on a bike and little tweeks since im fairly new!
Dustin A. Steffey

ThrottleAddict

What stuff do you want to know. You could always go and talk to Steve @ 2 Wheel Custom Performance. If going to a shop is intimidating to you I would be happy to go over anything you may have questions about...

cobra23

You will learn all kinds of stuff real fast.

There is a C group which usaully has plenty of new first time track riders, there is so much to learn.

I have been riding since 1975, I learned so much on the first track day. Talk to Jerome, to make sure he feels comfortable with your riding level, cause a brand new rider can be a hazrd on the track, but basically you would be allright if you have some experiance, and somebody who will watch over you.

Even if you don't sign up. 

Show up at the track, and there you will meet riders of all levels where a wealth of information is available. I helped friends race for several years before I could afford to get on the track myself........(my daughter was into horse riding snd showing) stupid horses....but that is a very long story.....dam horses......horses are very expensive...........horsess.....horse..horse truck...horse trailer   entry fees ...hay...saddles.......dam where was I on this subject??

You are already taking the cvorrect first step, and asking. You will find most really good riders are truly concerned about helping new riders become better and safer.

cobra23

Oh yea I forgot...

Barrel Racing.....dam barrel racing......

I couldda bought me a couple track bikes with that money right there...!! ;D

ThrottleAddict

All good ideas cobra23 but he posted in the Garage section so I am assuming he wanted to ask technical questions about his bike...

I could be wrong...

BumblebeeR6

i want to ask questions bout my bike and learn how to do things on my own. Im not intimidated by shops, they are just too expensive, and im pretty sure most of the stuff they do i can do too!!! so im saving money so i can work on my bike and then go to the tracks because im not pouring my paycheck into someone i dont trust fixing my bike!!!!
Dustin A. Steffey

JENX!!!

You can trust steve @ 2WCP. They do AWSOME work there., but if u want to know stuff about your bike, check youtube., there's all kinds of "how to" videos to learn from., also you should join http://www.r6live.com/forum.php . We have a reno section on there too.
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

ThrottleAddict

Quote from: BumblebeeR6 on July 07, 2010, 05:31:31 PM
i want to ask questions bout my bike and learn how to do things on my own. Im not intimidated by shops, they are just too expensive, and im pretty sure most of the stuff they do i can do too!!! so im saving money so i can work on my bike and then go to the tracks because im not pouring my paycheck into someone i dont trust fixing my bike!!!!

just PM me if u want to get together some time

Raingang

Yep. If he can't help ya I'm willing to go over a few things or we could all meet up. I'll offer up my garage for a bike session.
boring old signature.

Jp_Rio

Quote from: ThrottleAddict on July 07, 2010, 09:07:24 PM
Quote from: BumblebeeR6 on July 07, 2010, 05:31:31 PM

just PM me if u want to get together some time

I would be interested on that too in case you guys get together. Please, let me know!!
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

Adiggity

Go to an AFM race. Walk around the pits and watch. People are always working on bikes. Most are friendly and won't have any problem with you watching, as long as you stay out of the way. Or even better, just make friends with a racer. They are always working on their bikes.

JENX!!!

OFF TOPIC:
Andy, I just noticed your avatar...did u switch to a suzuki? what happened? :o
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

BumblebeeR6

Dustin A. Steffey

The Turn Burgler

Quote from: Adiggity on July 08, 2010, 04:51:25 PM
Go to an AFM race. Walk around the pits and watch. People are always working on bikes. Most are friendly and won't have any problem with you watching, as long as you stay out of the way. Or even better, just make friends with a racer. They are always working on their bikes.

Alan is so right, you can get parts too for less. Lots of people will tell you anything you want to know.
I also hit 3 bikenights a week in town.  They are great places to meet people with the same intrests and same bike.  AAnd all the talk of motorcycles you can stand. 

Justino

Quote from: The Turn Burgler on July 09, 2010, 01:02:27 PM
Quote from: Adiggity on July 08, 2010, 04:51:25 PM

Alan is so right, you can get parts too for less. Lots of people will tell you anything you want to know.
I also hit 3 bikenights a week in town.  They are great places to meet people with the same intrests and same bike.  AAnd all the talk of motorcycles you can stand. 
Andy is right, too. 
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.