Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Track tire pressure

Started by weavefish, May 29, 2008, 02:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2wcp

Quote from: A DRAGON on June 24, 2010, 08:43:15 AM
I've had bad luck with the SC2 Med compound at Thunderhill Heat tears are very common with that particular tire at that track. I was told that if you use the hard compound. The problem goes away. I love my Pirelli's. Don't want to use anything else. Mainly because of the price. SPL Hooks me up on that slick.  I know Dave Moss. He dialed most of it out. If he can catch it in time your golden.

Also from what I've learned from A-Diggity about PSI . I now only worry about Hot Temps more that cold. :P

My 2cents worth. :D :D

If you know the hot temps, then you should know the cold. They should heat up about the same and increase a set number of PSI from what the cold is. So if you are looking for a specific hot pressure, you can set it cold and should be at that temp hot. Take temps cold, see what they are, take temps hot and compare them. Also can give you an idea of how much your tires are or aren't heating up.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

A DRAGON

Quote from: 2wcp on June 24, 2010, 09:06:36 AM
Quote from: A DRAGON on June 24, 2010, 08:43:15 AM
I've had bad luck with the SC2 Med compound at Thunderhill Heat tears are very common with that particular tire at that track. I was told that if you use the hard compound. The problem goes away. I love my Pirelli's. Don't want to use anything else. Mainly because of the price. SPL Hooks me up on that slick.  I know Dave Moss. He dialed most of it out. If he can catch it in time your golden.

Also from what I've learned from A-Diggity about PSI . I now only worry about Hot Temps more that cold. :P

My 2cents worth. :D :D

If you know the hot temps, then you should know the cold. They should heat up about the same and increase a set number of PSI from what the cold is. So if you are looking for a specific hot pressure, you can set it cold and should be at that temp hot. Take temps cold, see what they are, take temps hot and compare them. Also can give you an idea of how much your tires are or aren't heating up.

Well Said ;)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750