Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

WSBK and Apex trackday at Miller

Started by Team Gorgonzola, June 02, 2010, 11:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Gorgonzola

Got a chance go watch World SBK at Miller Motorsport in Utah and ride the Apex track day the following Tuesday. Firstly, camping on the grounds was just great. Everyday after the practice/qualifying/racing we rode our bikes to the paddock and gawk at amazing bikes and stars riders, from Carmier to Haslam and even hang out 10 minutes with Michel Fabrizio, who was such great guy, answering questions and taking pictures with everyone. Also the facilies are "primo" with shower and concessions. Of course the races were awesome, with all the sounds and smells that fill the air, and our spot allowed us to see 2/3 of the track from my friend's RV roof. Then Tuesday came and the chance of rain finally became real as we woke up at 7AM with a lite drizzle. By the time the riders meeting was done it was raining hard with puddle appearing all over. I always told myself that I would not ride in the rain unless I had to go home and my only vehicle was a bike. So I, we, sat there waiting while others were out there doing their best with the challenging conditions. There was a guy out there on a BMW S 1000RR with full slick that was flying:eek:. Then my friend Andrei, who has ridden Miller on a rainy day, convinced the whole group to just try and do some laps. What a revelation; not only I was having a good time but I found some speed and I even passed some riders. Lunch came and finally the sun...within 2 session the race line was dry, but for some water on the 3/4 mile straight,  and I started to put the hammer down. If you ever have the chance to ride it, Miller will make you smile and will improve your riding, no doubt. I only been to RFR and THill, and the flowing lines, hi speed corners at Miller are well designed, with the best surface I have seen at a race track. I got to do double sessions (few riders) in B and C and was dicing the rest of the day with a fellow Ducatista, 999 and a SV 650 that very quick in the slower corner. I'll be there next year for sure.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

Wow. Happy to hear your day was great. I love Miller so much. It makes you feel like you've been gone from home for 2 long. It welcomes you back with open arms.

It seems every time we go to Miller it's seems to be some rain. Oh well. maybe next time you can convience me to do that. I'm so deathly afraid of the rain on a bike. How were the turns? Were you puckering?

I hope you make plans to go with the club when we rent the Garage. That makes it the best day of your life. Sleep well and keep smiling ;D ;D ;D That's the Miller affect.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Team Gorgonzola

I was a bit scared at first but found that there was plenty of grip. I was going at 60% my normal speed.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

What were you running for tyres?  Not slicks I'm sure.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

mikey

ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

D1NO

Niiicccee... sounds like a great weekend! Richard said he saw you and Andrei... Where are the pics?

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: A DRAGON on June 03, 2010, 06:16:28 PM

Pirelli diablo Rosso Corsa,
Pics are coming
-Hunter S. Thompson-

2wcp

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on June 03, 2010, 10:42:11 PM

Pics are coming

And where did you get those great tires from?  ;D
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

A DRAGON

Well remember he is Italian. SBK was this weekend. He was there. With Ducati. Need I say more :-*
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

2wcp

it was just a shameless plug, he got those tires from men ;D ;D ;D
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

A DRAGON

Sweet!!!!!!!!! Maybe I should look into those. I'm thinking about Miller next weekend. It always seems to rain when were there.  Nothing for SBK.

Steve I'm so nervous in the rain. Can my street tyres really grip well? I just don't trust them. What kind of feel should I be looking for?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

stimacsays

Rain? I dont care about no stinking Rain!

http://www.stephenwclark.com/p95593200/e130dad28

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

stimacsays

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: 2wcp on June 03, 2010, 11:13:59 PM
Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on June 03, 2010, 10:42:11 PM

Pics are coming

And where did you get those great tires from?  ;D
Steve's the men, no doubt about it.

ps I am coming over with the "poser" bike, she's sick.
-Hunter S. Thompson-