Main Menu

Broken Collar Bone Club BCBC

Started by zipbyu, May 27, 2010, 08:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zipbyu

Post here if you are cool and have broke your collar bone from a motorcycle crash.  I am intrested to see how many of us have attacked this worthless bone.

zipbyu

Broke my right one twice, at the age 16 and 31.

Justin

I'm rolling into surgery any second. Count me in.

I wouldn't call it a worthless bone so much as it is poorly designed. Team gorgonzola told me Ducati makes a carbon fiber upgrade.  Spendy, but stronger and lighter than oem

Justin

Myron,  let's create a poll. 
Who's broken it and did it get repaired or did it heal over time. 
Apparently, in the last 10 years there have been studies that illustrate the success of surgical repairs for fractures historically left untreated. 

What they didn't operate on in 2000, they would today.  Interesting. Shorter period of pain and quicker recovery time.   I'm down

scotinexcile

Today I think it is more to do with how much closer you can get "back to normal" after the incident.

When they were allowed to heal and you have a bump you also lost range of motion. The main thinking behind the surgery and repair is to get back to full range of motion. I am sure Beth will have way more input on this that I do  ;D

Good luck, hope your bones are not as difficult to drill as mines were  ;D

n10sive

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

scotinexcile

Quote from: n10sive on May 27, 2010, 08:39:11 AM
do ribs count? :)

Only when you get them from the Oakland BBQ place on Wells  ;D ;D

MotoPutz

Quote from: scotinexcile on May 27, 2010, 08:55:36 AM
Quote from: n10sive on May 27, 2010, 08:39:11 AM
do ribs count? :)

Only when you get them from the Oakland BBQ place on Wells  ;D ;D

A whole block from my work...  I tend to go there often, I even saw Alberto taking a break from pasta there last time I was there!!

No broken collar bone for me. Just broke a bone in my foot once... 

urvaius

broke Left one, ccs race at thunderhill.  guy t-boned me and blammo.. and i have a bump. no plate, kinda wish I did. sometimes I get pain in the right collar bone haha weird..
Dave Arneson

99 900ss duc

didnt break collarbone in either of my 2 crashes, and never broke it riding bulls or racin sprintcars either. other bones not so lucky.
i wonder if that carbon fiber upgrade from ducati is available in a shoulder joint?

scotinexcile

Quote from: XXXXL on May 27, 2010, 10:40:42 AM
didnt break collarbone in either of my 2 crashes, and never broke it riding bulls or racin sprintcars either. other bones not so lucky.
i wonder if that carbon fiber upgrade from ducati is available in a shoulder joint?

Probably, but it will be twice as much as anything else and work only half the time  ;D

jlavallee

I've broken the left one in 99 on a GSX-R 750 and again in 05 on my DR650.

Oneup

Broke both. Left one I let heal and the right one got surgery. Surgery was definitely faster and less painful but still has a couple of issues from having the plate. I lost no motion in either. The bump goes away after time and if you excersise it then you can keep all motion
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

XIII

I broke my femur (it was the meat to the car and bike sandwich) does that count?

RedLeader

Quote from: Justino on May 27, 2010, 08:13:31 AM
I wouldn't call it a worthless bone so much as it is poorly designed. Team gorgonzola told me Ducati makes a carbon fiber upgrade.  Spendy, but stronger and lighter than oem
Funny enough, they actually make them... check it out. Apparently Lance Armstrong got one (not sure if that is true or not)
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1849098
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka