Main Menu

Open test and tune Sat 29th at RFR

Started by scotinexcile, May 26, 2010, 09:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotinexcile

Quote from: whiskytango on May 27, 2010, 09:08:53 PM
Who has the details for Saturday?  The fact that cannot find any info online about it is not a good sign for the success of that track...

What other details do you want to see?  ;D

Justin

Quote from: scotinexcile on May 26, 2010, 09:21:51 AM
Danny just called me, gates open at 8am, riders meeting at 8.30am. $150 for the day 1/2 hour sessions ride until 5pm Config C

Maybe whiskey tango wants a telephone# to verify or be made aware of a cancellation.   Who do we call?

n10sive

to be fair, he was looking in the wrong place so he posted in General. I merged the threads.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

whiskytango

Honestly I wouldn't and didnt put it on SSA to have the Info cause we ain't putting it on...  I was looking under RFRT or RFR,,, and failed
          so the question remains,  Who is going?
CHAINDRIVEN

jlavallee

I got the track permit a few years ago and went to a few T&T dates and yeah unless something has changed, they would let you on as long as you had some RFR experience. I've never seen many bikes at a T&T date with maybe 25 being the most. Many have been 2-5 bikes and RFR C is about 3 miles so that is a lot of open area.

My feeling is that if you can ride a 3 min time (you're in the top 20% among B group riders) and you hold a consistant line, you'll be fine. Really it is meant for super fast guys like Justin but the track needs revenue too so as long as there is enough open area and not a full track day crowd, I'd guess nobody will mind.

Hell, I've been to $100 T&T sessions where there was one other bike! Anyway, that is my 2 cents.