Main Menu

Open test and tune Sat 29th at RFR

Started by scotinexcile, May 26, 2010, 09:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotinexcile

Danny just called me, gates open at 8am, riders meeting at 8.30am. $150 for the day 1/2 hour sessions ride until 5pm Config C

Weather should be warmer than last weekend

youngster775

TEST AND TUNES are 1 group format and you should NOT attend if its your first trackday. t&t are practice for experienced riders to dial in thier bikes and skill and have fun
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Justin

Quote from: youngster775 on May 26, 2010, 12:08:27 PMt&t are practice for experienced riders
. . . so they can test and tune their equipment.  I don't see it as a skill development tool for c or b riders.
These events were originally for licensed racers, or track permit holders.
I think they really should be used by predictable, smooth riders who can maintain good lines and speed.
Basically, an A level track day criteria or above.

Alan,
What is your take on the T&T, and does RFR have specific requirements?

Rick Bay (BRA)

I think if you say you're a SSA member and have some track days experience on your back they probably will let you go.

cagle

Team Gorgonzola

They used to require racing license or a track permit.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on May 26, 2010, 04:47:00 PM
Last year Danny let me ride without racing license.
I think the best decision is waiting for the next SSA Track Day in 24 days. Jun 19 & 20.
:)

scotinexcile

I would contact RFR direct to see what they have to say. I would not recommend it for a first time track rider. if you have done 3 or more track days and dont "scare" easy then you might have fun.

The last one I did there were only 4 bikes on the whole course so I only saw another bike when I was back in the pits!!!

Not sure if my leg is going to be good enough to ride on Saturday so i may not make it out there this time around

If you do decide to go remember to check your ego at the gate and hold your lines on the track  ;D

scotinexcile

Quote from: Rick Tahoe on May 26, 2010, 05:29:58 PM
Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on May 26, 2010, 04:47:00 PM
Last year Danny let me ride without racing license.
I think the best decision is waiting for the next SSA Track Day in 24 days. Jun 19 & 20.
:)

Some of us did not get our RFR fix this season yet so 24 days is a LONG way away  ;D

SPL

Hey guys if you try and get RFR to pull the race license or track permit card you WILL kill what little local bike business they have! It will hurt them.  Lets really look at how many people in SSA that have either one of those let alone any other rider in northern nv.    This would only hurt there business.   It would be a smarter idea to let the flaggers and track officials eye the riders and pull them if they deem there unsafe to ride.   

I think there is to many hands in this cookie jar trying to decide what is best for RFR.  Let them do there job and decide what is best for the track. AND LETS DO OUR JOB AND JUST RIDE THE DAMN TRACK WHEN ITS AVAILABLE!!!!
Building Dreams One Bike At A Time!  775-825-4457

scotinexcile

Quote from: Superbike Performance Lab on May 27, 2010, 07:40:07 AM
Hey guys if you try and get RFR to pull the race license or track permit card you WILL kill what little local bike business they have! It will hurt them.  Lets really look at how many people in SSA that have either one of those let alone any other rider in northern nv.    This would only hurt there business.   It would be a smarter idea to let the flaggers and track officials eye the riders and pull them if they deem there unsafe to ride.    

I think there is to many hands in this cookie jar trying to decide what is best for RFR.  Let them do there job and decide what is best for the track. AND LETS DO OUR JOB AND JUST RIDE THE DAMN TRACK WHEN ITS AVAILABLE!!!!

Brian,(sorry got the names mixed up)

I, for one, would be happy to see anyone out at RFR that is safe and predictable. No groups on these days so if you get a fast A pace racer with a "new C" pace rider that spells DANGER.

The safety part is up to the track to write the rules then riders decide if they want to ride within those rules or not.  ;D Would you want to be on the track riding "race pace" at the same time as a "new C" pace rider?

Quote from: Superbike Performance Lab on May 27, 2010, 07:40:07 AMLet them do there job and decide what is best for the track. AND LETS DO OUR JOB AND JUST RIDE THE DAMN TRACK WHEN ITS AVAILABLE!!!!
That is what I was trying to suggest by  saying
QuoteI would contact RFR direct to see what they have to say

Justin

It's Not Steve,
This is someone who misunderstood every post in this thread
  Wow. 

scotinexcile

Quote from: Justino on May 27, 2010, 08:24:26 AM
It's Not Steve,
This is someone who misunderstood every post in this thread
  Wow. 

Fixed sorry for the early morning stupidity. I thought you would be "gassed" by now  ;D

whiskytango

Who has the details for Saturday?  The fact that cannot find any info online about it is not a good sign for the success of that track...
CHAINDRIVEN

cagle