Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Jun 19 & Jun 20 SSA Track Days

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), May 25, 2010, 10:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngster775

Kawaninja, there will be many tires at the track, new ones or race take off's... you'll find a deal that will work for you. also there will be vendors there that can put your tire on for you.
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Jp_Rio

that last post was a little confusing what were you trying to say lol
[/quote]

My bad... What I meant was what the deal would be? Like...how much would you guys be willing to sell the tire in case you had an extra one that matches the description I gave.
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

Jp_Rio

Quote from: youngster775 on June 11, 2010, 08:02:59 PM
Kawaninja, there will be many tires at the track, new ones or race take off's... you'll find a deal that will work for you. also there will be vendors there that can put your tire on for you.

How about price? Could you give me a ball park on how much they would charge to change the front tire, for example? And (it might be a stupid question but...) do they take credit cards???

Rick Bay (BRA)

Yes. They do take a credit card. All kinds!  ;)
Last track day I bought a set of tires from Brian SPL. I used an International Brazilian Credit Card to pay it. My Dad in Brazil bought the tires for me.
;D

youngster775

ballpark is about $100 for a new tire, $25 for a take off and $20 to install it
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Rick Bay (BRA)

But I'd recommend bringing some cash with you too. Sometimes you find a good deal on used ones on the paddock area... ;D

Justino

KawaNinja,
I always like to arrive with my bike fully ready to go before I arrive at the track.  It can be a little overwhelming to try and get everything sorted out while you are there. It is much cheaper to deliver a wheel to the shop as opposed to delivering the whole motorcycle.  There are a few guys here that sell take-offs (Tires that a racer used for 20 laps and took off for the next event)

I would recommend contacting a local shop that can help you get outfitted properly.
I use 2WCP for my tire needs but there are other shops as well. I got these names from the Member Business section on this forum.

2 Wheel Custom Performance (Steve)
775-303-1857
Superbike Performance Lab (Brian or Sam)
and Moto Source. (Rich)
send them a PM or look them up on the computer box.  
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

Qwik

I was just there for my first purchase  from them and Steve suggested  I try a set of the new PIRELLI DIABLO ROSSO CORSA's  for this upcoming trackday. When I got home I did a price check on what they cost as I did not have an idea on these tires. I was blown away  :o with  what I paid, it even included  mounting heck i even got some chain lube and the total was less then any price I could find for a set of just tires on the internet. You cant go wrong with 2 wheel Custom Performance ;D Saw Justino there to.
Chicken strips so big KFC is after my recipe.

Jp_Rio

Thanks for all the information guys! Appreciate it. So, before I purchase the track day pass (I'm doing it now, you guys talked me into it! haha) Is there anything else that I should be aware of to get ready for the track day as far as bike specs goes?? Cause my biggest concern is to buy the pass, get there and have my bike failing the inspection...

so i'll have pretty much one week and my credit card limit  :) to get my bike ready and I definitely can use all help you guys are willing to give!!

Is it next weekend yet??? ;D

Justino

Quote from: Kawaninja on June 11, 2010, 09:19:54 PM
Where do you live?  Are you going to get new tires before hand? If so, any of the people i discussed can help you out, too.
PM me your address and number and I'll make sure your bike's ready :)  It's not nearly as hard as you'd think :)

Jp_Rio

Quote from: Justino on June 11, 2010, 09:24:25 PM
Where do you live?  Are you going to get new tires before hand? If so, any of the people i discussed can help you out, too.
PM me your address and number and I'll make sure your bike's ready :)  It's not nearly as hard as you'd think :)

Forgive my ignorance, but what does PM means? I've seen this expression on this site a couple of times but i have no idea what that means... :D

I live in Reno nearby downtown... and yeah, i'm planning on getting the tires before getting there! And thanks for your help Justino!

A DRAGON

If your looking for a tyre to get you by. I can give you one for free. If you need one for the track and can not afford one I can give you a used one for free. It just depends on what you want.

2wcp I'm sure has a good deal if you want to buy. Kawaninja
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Justino

Quote from: Kawaninja on June 11, 2010, 09:36:12 PM
Quote from: Justino on June 11, 2010, 09:24:25 PM
Where do you live?  Are you going to get new tires before hand? If so, any of the people i discussed can help you out, too.
PM me your address and number and I'll make sure your bike's ready :)  It's not nearly as hard as you'd think :)

Forgive my ignorance, but what does PM means? I've seen this expression on this site a couple of times but i have no idea what that means... :D

I live in Reno nearby downtown... and yeah, i'm planning on getting the tires before getting there! And thanks for your help Justino!
I'm sorry you're having trouble getting an answer. I understand that you will be getting the tires before the event and that your concern is that your bike will fail inspection... Most of us trailer the bikes to the track but my first 5 trackdays i rode my bike and you can too.   I don't know of anyone meeting up for the ride out in the morning.  You will probably need some extra gas and extra water, so maybe you can hook up with someone beforehand and work out getting some supplies out there.  Jerome used to bring my fuel and gatorade when I was new at this.
Click on my name "Justino" then click on PM or private message. send me a private note with your phone number and I'll give you a call or text message and I'll make sure your bike passes tech inspection.  
My name 'Justino' is above that picture of the TV personality i am using as an Avatar. Click on that.
i'll PM you right now so you can see what it looks like.  (On the home page of this site, under Sierra Sportbike Assoc. on the top of the page is the phrase 'my messages'
Click on that :D
Everything is easy once you know how....

T4RUSAF

Hey Guys, one week to go!  :D

Out of curiousity, how is the attendance looking?  I remember last month it was on AMA weekend so alot of people couldn't go.  Now that this one isn't are you seeing higher numbers attending?

A DRAGON

Were looking OK on Attendance for the day.  Did you sign up already?

I saw the weather report for Friday 84 degrees.. Yeah......
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750