Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Jun 19 & Jun 20 SSA Track Days

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), May 25, 2010, 10:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny b

I,m a track virgin looking to go on the 19/20, what is your program for first timers?. I have the saftey equipment, new bike (09ZX6R) and road riding experience not preformance riding. My goal is to become a safe preformance rider. Zoran said I should sell tickets and he is probably right. I,m also looking to go to Buttonwillow July 3/4 with Z2.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: Johnny b on June 11, 2010, 09:09:24 AM
I,m a track virgin looking to go on the 19/20, what is your program for first timers?. I have the saftey equipment, new bike (09ZX6R) and road riding experience not performance riding. My goal is to become a safe performance rider. Zoran said I should sell tickets and he is probably right. I,m also looking to go to Buttonwillow July 3/4 with Z2.

I'll let the Prez respond, but you come to the right place ;)
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

2wcp

I,m a track virgin looking to go on the 19/20, what is your program for first timers?. I have the saftey equipment, new bike (09ZX6R) and road riding experience not preformance riding. My goal is to become a safe preformance rider. Zoran said I should sell tickets and he is probably right. I,m also looking to go to Buttonwillow July 3/4 with Z2.

For first time track riders we start with sighting laps to get you aquainted with the track and how it is being on a track and the lines you should be working on. After the sighting laps you come back in to the pits and will have a C group meet to where you can discuss anything you might have on your mind. Any questions you have should be asked then. You will also get pointers for being out there. When you get ready to go back out on the track if you would like to follow, or be followed by an instructor come to the grid and tell the grid manager that you would like an instructor. We will then go out with you and help you around the track. If you feel comfortable at that point then you can just ride around working on what you would like to for the remainder of the day. Otherwise you can continue getting help from and instructor.
I'm not sure who all will be out there helping out but I will be.

Any other questions you have before going out there?  ;D
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

Johnny b

Adiggity

The track is the perfect place to be if your looking to become a safer rider. It can't get any better than the track in terms of learning for someone who already has the basics of riding down, which it sounds like you do.
1) You must have all the safety gear
2) Your bike is inspected to be in proper working order
3) You have a controlled environment. (People making sure the track is clear, everyone going the same way, no ditches, fence posts, etc., flaggers to inform you of current conditions and if they change, and medical personnel at the site already.
4) You don't have to worry about anything except your riding. (No tickets, cars, trucks, pedestrians, etc.) 100% focus on riding, which is huge!

I don't know why Zoran told you to sell the tickets, but I'd say come on out. You'll have a blast and learn a TON! Just don't be afraid to ask questions. I will be there. Come find me, I'll be under a Code 4 Racing easy up. Red bike, Lt. blue leathers. I'll show you around. Don't feel intimidated please. I think that is a major problem people have with doing trackdays. Especially for the first time. We all started as newbies at some point. You probably won't be the slowest person there and even if you are, who cares! That's not what it's about. We are all family at the track. It's the perfect place for people like you. Come on out. You'll be glad you did!  :)

Andy

A DRAGON

Excellent job you two.  Johnny b hope to see you at the track.  A-Diggity is a pretty good guy you'll like what he has to say. If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to post up.

Yo Diggity
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Jp_Rio

Hi all,

I really wish I could do the trackday next weekend but due to financial problems and a front bald tire (for the track), i wont be able to. But I was thinking about going out there just to check it out, get the feeling about it and meet you guys and wondering if that would be ok... Saying that cause I have no idea how busy you guys get over there, therefore it might not be the best time for a newbie to show up...  ;D

In case I am wrong, are you guys planning to meet somewhere and go to the track together? (My bad if this information is already somewhere else but i tried looking for it and couldn't find...) What time and where would that be? Also, if you guys can figure out something that a newbie can do on a trackday, i'll be more than happy to help...

Let me know what yours thoughts are...

What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

Adiggity

Come on out Kawaninja. We probably could find something for you to help out with. If not you could at least meet some of us. We may not have time to sit and shoot the breeze, but at least you can meet us and get familiar with the basics on how a trackday works. Thanks for offering. That is very nice of you.

bkrblood

Johnny B, hey thats my name lol dont worry bout it at all. im actually going to the track for my first time as well on the 19th.  lots of great people that will really help you out.  just going for sunday rides and bike nights they have helped me!!!

Quote from: Kawaninja on June 11, 2010, 03:21:58 PM
Hi all,

I really wish I could do the trackday next weekend but due to financial problems and a front bald tire (for the track), i wont be able to.

just wondering what size tires u running? i will probably be switchin out my tires im currently running for some new ones and they have plenty of side tread left on them just used for commuting i was going to run them on the track but decided to use my new rubbers.
John Bovet

A DRAGON

johnny b I have some old skins that would work for you too. Let me know
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: A DRAGON on June 11, 2010, 01:19:06 AM

Rick How can I say no to you. What ever you want. your Grand Fathered In.

:) I apreciate that my President!

Jp_Rio

Quote from: Adiggity on June 11, 2010, 04:56:56 PM
Come on out Kawaninja. We probably could find something for you to help out with.

Thank you Adiggity. Then yeah... I'm definitely coming! And depending on what happens from the "tire offers" I might even go for it. That would be Awesome!!!!!! But as far as meeting somewhere to ride to the track together goes, is there any place where we can meet and them ride there (for Saturday, for example)??

I might make to this weekend bike ride and maybe talk a little bit more about it there.

Sweeeeeeet!

Justino

Quote from: bkrblood on June 11, 2010, 05:49:00 PM

Johnny B, hey thats my name lol dont worry bout it at all. im actually going to the track for my first time as well on the 19th.  lots of great people that will really help you out.  just going for sunday rides and bike nights they have helped me!!!

Quote from: Kawaninja on June 11, 2010, 03:21:58 PM
Hi all,

I really wish I could do the trackday next weekend but due to financial problems and a front bald tire (for the track), i wont be able to.

just wondering what size tires u running? i will probably be switchin out my tires im currently running for some new ones and they have plenty of side tread left on them just used for commuting i was going to run them on the track but decided to use my new rubbers.

Like jerome says, we got lots of tires circulating (bwahahaha) around here that would make for good 'round town tires'
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

Jp_Rio

Quote from: bkrblood on June 11, 2010, 05:49:00 PM

Quote from: A DRAGON on June 11, 2010, 05:59:59 PM
johnny b I have some old skins that would work for you too. Let me know

Quote from: Justino on June 11, 2010, 07:27:42 PM
Like jerome says, we got lots of tires circulating (bwahahaha) around here that would make for good 'round town tires'

Thanks for all the help guys.  ;D And A DRAGON, I assumed your post was intended to me...hehe

So, I have a 120/70 ZR 17 on my R6 right now. Does anybody can help? How would that work?

bkrblood

So, I have a 120/70 ZR 17 on my R6 right now. Does anybody can help? How would that work?

[/quote]

that last post was a little confusing what were you trying to say lol
John Bovet