Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Jun 19 & Jun 20 SSA Track Days

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), May 25, 2010, 10:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkrblood

i cant wait to see the video chad did following me! great first track day and cant wait to get back on the track. thanks 4theriders for some great shots! thank you again to everyone who helped me out with body position and track lines, chad, steve, luke, myron!!!
John Bovet

dragxs11

Oh good! So that worked then. I'm glad to hear that. I never did get a chance to follow up with you on that. You were looking really good man. Some more seat time and the Bostrom boys will have to be looking out for you! Seriously though you were rollin man, good job. Nice meeting you.
Posted on: Today at 11:58:01 amPosted by: Adiggity 

Yup, that was my problem.  Actions speak louder than words, you still had little trouble pulling ahead on a bike with lights :P  I made a lot of progress getting to know the bike.  The sportmax GP in the rear was my limiting factor in the afternoon.  Hoping Brians Superbike Pirelli's give me a bit more security.

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: youngster775 on June 20, 2010, 06:56:28 AM
Quote from: Rick Tahoe on June 20, 2010, 06:21:33 AM
Bummer. I could go. For sure you guys are having a lot fun now.  :'( :)
It's funner when your there too Rick!  :-*
Thank you Paul.  :)

Team Gorgonzola

I had a great time, found some more speed and played around with my amigos Andrei and Ryan, Jason and more, even the Prez. Thanks to the usual suspects Steve, Andy and Eddie. Chad is great as always riding with you. Regina thanks for the great breakfast and all SSA and non SSA peeps that showed up for a superb day at RFR.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Jp_Rio

Quote from: A DRAGON on June 21, 2010, 11:13:16 AM

Thanks for the kudos. People like you make it more than worth it. It's really cool when other people get what were talking about the Track. It's one of the best places on Earth to Be. ( I Hope Heaven has a Race Track---I'll it's really smooth and flowing.  Hells is really bumby and don't allow wheelies ) :D :D

Hahahahaha... "I Hope Heaven has a Race Track" I liked that philosophy and on top of that I hope that there is gravity over there too so I can use my future leaning skills!  ;D

Quote from: A DRAGON on June 21, 2010, 11:13:16 AM

JP. I think you already impressed that A-Diggity guy. You made it though the day without falling. You had a smile on your face all day. It really makes us all feel good when we read stuff like this. It helps us relive our first time and memories of our first track days. ;D ;D   Every time I think of them I smile. I smile even more when I read a post like yours. So please Post the VIDEO

Quote from: Adiggity on June 21, 2010, 11:58:01 AM
For sure Jerome! Yes JP, I am always impressed just by people coming out and not being afraid to ask questions and listen. Also if you make it through the day with a big smile and no crashes, I couldn't be happier. Good job man. People like you are the reason why teaching is so fun. Thanks for posting up man, now lets see that video! It will be a good reference for when you improve, because it is a guarantee!!  :)

Gotta confess that not crashing was my number one priority!! Wish I had a track bike (I'm already working on that) so I could push harder...anyways!

Alright..alright... with such nice words how couldn't I post the video??  :D Just need some time to edit it a little bit. As soon as I'm done I'll create a new thread! Promise!!  ;)

What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

horsepower

Just want to thank SSA for yet another great weekend up at RFR.  It just keeps getting better and better so we are looking forward to a return visit in August with soome fresh faces!!
I can't believe how many women were up there this time.  Other promoters would be envious; I think there were more women there than the VIP Z2 women's day even without the free tshirts, haha.
Thanks for a class act, SSA, great grid, fresh fruit, etc etc.  It was all appreciated and noticed.
      Only down side is that I can't get that poor dead- mouse- in- the- leathers image out of my freaking head....wah!My eyes!!!!   Even worse than the fact that I killed that poor snake off the chicanes and the fresh tire flat off turn 4. :o :P ;D

jlavallee

I might as well chime in too as it was a great weekend. Saturday was not working for me but Sunday was nearly perfection with great weather and lots of good laps even if I still can't get quite to where I used to be, I am feeling much better after all last summer with no track sessions. In that time Alberto dropped probably 10 seconds or more a lap! Good running except for that endo on the grid where I almost piled into you! :o

A big thanks to everybody for making it, as always, you meet the best folks at the track! Oh yeah, love the fruit in the morning too. Nice touch.

It's Tuesday and I'm in withdrawl already... :D

n10sive

glad you survived the pucker moment on saturday jason :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Adiggity

Quote from: n10sive on June 22, 2010, 03:52:14 PM

No doubt! You had me holding my breath for sure! Nice save dewd!

2wcp

2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

Jp_Rio

What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

jlavallee

Quote from: Adiggity on June 22, 2010, 05:06:08 PM
Quote from: n10sive on June 22, 2010, 03:52:14 PM

No doubt! You had me holding my breath for sure! Nice save dewd!

Yeah, my arse was chewing seat pad on that one.

Adiggity

In the spirit of the Supermoto races going on.....

n10sive

Quote from: Adiggity on June 23, 2010, 12:45:05 PM
In the spirit of the Supermoto races going on.....

You should put the other picture of Chad sitting on the wrong side of his bike next to that ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Adiggity