Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Jun 19 & Jun 20 SSA Track Days

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), May 25, 2010, 10:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horsepower

I already have 5 new guys to add to the 5 who went up last time; They know nothing about Fernley so they won't be worried about the rocks. ;D
I've got a 275 mph blower and brooms to contribute as well.  Let me know if they'll need it for spot treatments throughout the weekend. :)
Looking forward to another great ssa day up there. 8)

Team Gorgonzola

Cool, I know they have a giant blower so I expect to see the track much cleaner this time.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

Justin Malstalka asked them to fog seal Hoot and Hollar. Dave G said they probably won't have it done by our June Date. That would take care of the pebbles your addressing now.  Looking forward to all that nice weather too. What a great Track day this will be.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

T4RUSAF

Hey guys, new guy here who will be attending an SSA trackday for the first time!
I'm in for both days along with two other friends!  I am overly excited as my first trackday ever was at RFR. I can't wait

Been following the board since before the first trackday weekend last month. Seems to be a great group of people here. Nice to meet you all!

Rick Bay (BRA)

Welcome T4RUSAF!!

Thank you for coming on board! We all look forward to meeting you.. :)

I see you at the Track @ Jun 19 and 20. ;)

A DRAGON

Hey t4rusaf. Welcome to the club. So your taking the plung? Good for you. I know your kinda nervious and excited all at the same time. We should have great weather.  You have any questions?

Are you ready to go already or do you need some help with anything? Let me know.

RFR is a lot of work. It's like boot camp. If you can ride RFR you can ride anywhere. Once you go here your really on the gas everwhere else.

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

T4RUSAF

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys.  Last time I was at RFR was in 2008 so it'll be like learning it all over again.  I really have no concerns as of yet, but only what others have mentioned from the May trackday about the hoot-n-holler and overall track conditions.

I do have one question, last time I had my friend make hotel arrangements and he picked a place called the "Lazy Inn". I wanted to sleep in the truck it was soo bad in there.  I told him never again will I stay there or let him make the arrangements!

So where is everybody staying?  Or any recommendations on where to stay?  We figured we'd get there and drop the bikes off at the track if that is a safe option. 

Jason

jlavallee

Here in Fernley we have a Best Western and a Super 8 that are both OK. I've stayed in the Super 8 and it was fine by me and lots of parking if you have a trailer in tow.

T4RUSAF

Is anybody planning on camping out on the track?  Or is everyone going home since this is "home turf" for you guys?  We are trying to figure out logistics, but we are thinking no one is camping out on the track and we do not want to be the only ones, haha.

n10sive

lots of people camp at the track. weather is getting better too!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

A DRAGON

I believe the Track gates are closed on Friday night and you can camp out side of the gates. Saturday Night you will be able to camp at the Track. We'll have a Security Guard there all night.  Let me know if this doesn't work for you. I'll see what I can do to help you out.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: T4RUSAF on June 05, 2010, 08:28:04 PM
Is anybody planning on camping out on the track?  Or is everyone going home since this is "home turf" for you guys?  We are trying to figure out logistics, but we are thinking no one is camping out on the track and we do not want to be the only ones, haha.

Get ready for some serious fun, I just rode Miller but RFR always make me ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

Yeah me too. I think I should be able to put on a vest and help out on the track that weekend. Yeah right.  :P 

Funny how we need the track just for therapy. Are we all sick or what? It just makes life worth living. You tent to forget about all the bull in your life and you just ride.  If the wife or family is mad. All you have to do is ride.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Rand

Sorry guys.  I can't amke it.

I'll be racing an outigger canoe at Avila Beach.

A DRAGON

OK Rand. Maybe next time. We have a weekend in August and September and October. We'll see you at the track.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750