Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Jun 19 & Jun 20 SSA Track Days

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), May 25, 2010, 10:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

Quote from: Tokyolow81 on June 17, 2010, 04:02:04 PM
Hey SSA peoples!  ;D  This is my first post up.  I found out about your trackday on BARF.  Looking forward to RFR.  I need to avenge my first session crash from two years ago that totaled my bike.  Oh stupid decreasing radius' and front tire washouts...how I hate thee.  Anyways, I'm looking forward to it but was wondering if there was going to be tire service out there.  I need a spare just in case but can't find any in my area that have them readily available (Contiforce SM 150/70/17).  See you all Saturday at the track or Friday night at the Fernley Best Western. Pete

Welcome to the SSA Tokyolow81. Yes we will have tyre services at the track. It's SPL. He sells Michelin and Pirelli tyres. Mostly track compound. AS far as I know. Maybe some else would know if He sells street compounds.

Good for you to battle you demons. RFR is waiting for you. Now that the Track knows your returning for a rematch. Ride well
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

Oh Dale I'm sorry I almost forgot Nice Machine. We'll have the Hugh SSA stickers like Rick Tahoe has on his bike available at the Track.

Rick the Date is up to you. Let us know what day you can go. I'm up an so is Regina.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on June 17, 2010, 05:31:42 PM

Nice! 
It's been a long time coming, huh?
I'm gonna paint my bike hamburger brown so I fit in with this new theme.
[/quote]

???
[/quote]

Alberto. Are you feeling all Butt Hurt too?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Justino

Quote from: A DRAGON on June 18, 2010, 02:00:15 AM
Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on June 17, 2010, 05:31:42 PM

Nice! 
It's been a long time coming, huh?
I'm gonna paint my bike hamburger brown so I fit in with this new theme.

???
[/quote]

Alberto. Are you feeling all Butt Hurt too?
[/quote]
Myron's bike is yellow mustard and ketchup color.
Dale's is similar to myron's yellow
I'm gonna paint mine hamburger brown so we can do laps together.
     I'm lovin' it!
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

T4RUSAF

Damn.... been sitting in traffic for about an hour and moved 35 miles... It's gonna be along night

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: T4RUSAF on June 18, 2010, 05:58:46 PM
Damn.... been sitting in traffic for about an hour and moved 35 miles... It's gonna be along night
It's all for a good cause... ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

bkrblood

see everyone tomorrow! cant wait for my first track day!
John Bovet

A DRAGON

John so Happy your going to do that with us. Make sure you pit close to an SSA group. We all want to share in your excitement.  The weather will be out standing. JP is also doing his first Track Day. You two will be beaming.  WE also will have fruit ,danish and juice at the Track  see you there.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Rick Bay (BRA)

Bummer. I could go. For sure you guys are having a lot fun now.  :'( :)

youngster775

Quote from: Rick Tahoe on June 20, 2010, 06:21:33 AM
Bummer. I could go. For sure you guys are having a lot fun now.  :'( :)
It's funner when your there too Rick!  :-*
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Jp_Rio

Hey guys,

I would like to thank all of you that made my first (of 1000s - as long as my body can handle it  :D) track day to be such a Blast. I have no words to thank you all for your help and support. Already mentioned that, late at the track, but will say it again: that was one of the best days of my life, seriously! Everytime I was about to do turn 23 I was smiling inside of my helmet knowing that the straight was coming right ahead. Holy moly that felt good. I'm definetily hooked. Looking forward for August.

I will spread the word to every single rider that I know and have them going there next time.

And Jerome, about the video, not quite sure if should post it. I could swear that I was reeeeeeeeeeally close to the ground on some turns but when I saw the video I was "surprised" how far from it I was  :'(. Maybe I'll post it so you guys can have fun with my "knee movements" thinking that I was about to slide them while it was a mile from the ground  ;D. Hopefully I will push harder next time. Gotta impress Adiggity!  ;D

Again, thanks for providing this guys, from the reopening of the track to running a really smooth trackday (the trackday veteran speaking here). I bet that there is a lot more work being done behind the curtains and I do appreciate that! Go SSA!
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

dragxs11

Have to say that was prolly THE most benificial track days I've had.  3rd time out with this literbike... got it tuned and snagged a couple sets of slicks from Brian(SPL)  Bikes running great Brian, THX!!!  Thanks Andy for helping me with the speed shifting issue.  Nice to have the track surface in good shape too.

A DRAGON

Quote from: Jp_Rio on June 20, 2010, 07:16:54 PM
Hey guys,

I would like to thank all of you that made my first (of 1000s - as long as my body can handle it  :D) track day to be such a Blast. I have no words to thank you all for your help and support. Already mentioned that, late at the track, but will say it again: that was one of the best days of my life, seriously! Every time I was about to do turn 23 I was smiling inside of my helmet knowing that the straight was coming right ahead. Holy molly that felt good. I'm definitely hooked. Looking forward for August.

I will spread the word to every single rider that I know and have them going there next time.

And Jerome, about the video, not quite sure if should post it. I could swear that I was reeeeeeeeeeally close to the ground on some turns but when I saw the video I was "surprised" how far from it I was  :'(. Maybe I'll post it so you guys can have fun with my "knee movements" thinking that I was about to slide them while it was a mile from the ground  ;D. [size=10pt]Hopefully I will push harder next time. Gotta impress Addigity![/size]  ;D

Again, thanks for providing this guys, from the reopening of the track to running a really smooth track day (the track day veteran speaking here). I bet that there is a lot more work being done behind the curtains and I do appreciate that! Go SSA!

JP. I think you already impressed that A-Diggity guy. You made it though the day without falling. You had a smile on your face all day. It really makes us all feel good when we read stuff like this. It helps us relive our first time and memories of our first track days. ;D ;D   Every time I think of them I smile. I smile even more when I read a post like yours. So please Post the VIDEO

Thanks for the kudos. People like you make it more than worth it. It's really cool when other people get what were talking about the Track. It's one of the best places on Earth to Be. ( I Hope Heaven has a Race Track---I'll it's really smooth and flowing.  Hells is really bumby and don't allow wheelies ) :D :D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Adiggity

For sure Jerome! Yes JP, I am always impressed just by people coming out and not being afraid to ask questions and listen. Also if you make it through the day with a big smile and no crashes, I couldn't be happier. Good job man. People like you are the reason why teaching is so fun. Thanks for posting up man, now lets see that video! It will be a good reference for when you improve, because it is a guarantee!!  :)

Adiggity

Quote from: dragxs11 on June 21, 2010, 10:59:29 AM
Have to say that was prolly THE most benificial track days I've had.  3rd time out with this literbike... got it tuned and snagged a couple sets of slicks from Brian(SPL)  Bikes running great Brian, THX!!!  Thanks Andy for helping me with the speed shifting issue.  Nice to have the track surface in good shape too.
Oh good! So that worked then. I'm glad to hear that. I never did get a chance to follow up with you on that. You were looking really good man. Some more seat time and the Bostrom boys will have to be looking out for you! Seriously though you were rollin man, good job. Nice meeting you.