Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Jun 19 & Jun 20 SSA Track Days

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), May 25, 2010, 10:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bay (BRA)

Alright guys, we're less than a month from the next SSA Track Day and I'm already looking forward for this.

But the way, the last Track Day I heard a lot of rumors about the gravel on the pavement.

In fact, I had some scratches at the upper headlight fairing and forks of my bike.

I do not know if I can but I really would like to stop bye at the track one weekend before of the next event to sweep the critical dirty areas.

Someone have others ideas to make our Track Days each time better and more fun?

Rick Bay (BRA)

Hi Josh.

Well, let's see what happen at the next time. Last time the wind gave a big contribution for grave on the asphalt. But the way, I haven't seeing any sweeper truck over there. Do you know if they have it? I saw a blower only.  ::)

Anyway, I'm still available to take a broom to clean it if necessary.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Also, at the next time we want to see Adiggty, Oneup, n10sive and scotinexcile on the track. We missed these fast guys...
:P :P :P

Justin

They blew the track Saturday morning at 5:30am

I watched them

JordanGSX-R

did anyone find a black mirror block off? Yea it fell off, just wondering if anyone grabbed it..i believe it was due to the gravel on the hoot and holler! haha. But seriously...

youngster775

Quote from: JordanGSX-R on May 26, 2010, 07:12:20 PM
did anyone find a black mirror block off? Yea it fell off, just wondering if anyone grabbed it..i believe it was due to the gravel on the hoot and holler! haha. But seriously...
Thats what took a chunk out of my upper!  :D j/k didnt see it
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

JordanGSX-R

Thats what took a chunk out of my upper!  :D j/k didnt see it
[/quote]

Yea most likely! in the photos i could see it coming off, then..gone.

com3

the track was dirty as hell sat morning...BAD dirty... then during lunch, they went and blew it off...it started creeping back on sunday though.  i caught many rocks to bike, lid, neck, arms, knuckles... 

me and mastalka were cranking out a buncha laps together and he nailed me with a proper ROCK...not just a piece of gravel, but a ROCK ROCK..big enough that i saw it coming and watched it hit me in the knuckle.  haha!

besides that... i had a buncha fun this past weekend. it took a few sessions for the track to "warm up to me" again, as it'd been so long since i'd last ridden it.  i guess i've been getting a little spoiled with the pavement i've been riding lately (mostly brand new pavement!)

MotoPutz

Quote from: com3 on May 27, 2010, 09:40:10 AM
i guess i've been getting a little spoiled with the pavement i've been riding lately (mostly brand new pavement!)

Yes Joe, we know your a spoiled little brat!!     :P :-*

com3

Quote from: Putz on May 27, 2010, 09:43:09 AM
Quote from: com3 on May 27, 2010, 09:40:10 AM
i guess i've been getting a little spoiled with the pavement i've been riding lately (mostly brand new pavement!)

Yes Joe, we know your a spoiled little brat!!     :P :-*

hehe...  right after we left RFR on sunday, we drove straight down to laguna where i put the hurtin on A and B group.  i LOVE laguna pavement.  traction for DAYSSS!!! 

i got to demo an RSV4 too:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty9itKupy_c

MotoPutz

Yeah, I saw that vid, that was sweet!  You gotta love all the hp down there too. We rape hp up here...  :'(

n10sive

Quote from: com3 on May 27, 2010, 09:55:32 AM
i got to demo an RSV4 too:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty9itKupy_c

Dude...that bike seems SMOOOOTTHHHHH! Good job avoiding the roaming roadblock there!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Gangplank on May 27, 2010, 09:49:05 AM
Hi All,
We are and will be working with the track management to be sure it is improved. Removing and keeping down the dirt, pebbles, and that 1 knuckle finding rock will be found and put in prision for assault.  ;D 

Alright! Thanks Josh... :P

Rick Bay (BRA)

For this Track Day the temperature will be perfect.  8)

Do you go at this time Dale, Andy, Alan, Greg, etc.....?  ;)

n10sive

no. I only seem to go to T-Hill when it feels like your riding on the surface of the sun  :-\ :'( ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

A DRAGON

They are supposed to be doing something about the track pebbles. I believe they will be putting a fog down on the ashpalt going up hoot and hollar.

I spoke with Dave from the Track Yesterday I have to call him again today to see how it went. I'll let you know josh and rick.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750