Main Menu

another frame slidder ?

Started by bkrblood, May 09, 2010, 07:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkrblood

ok my buddy has an 08 cbr1000rr and wants to put some frame slidders on it. he doesnt like the idea of the no cuts since he has heard issues with the brackets snaping. does anyone know if there is a cut templet for them?
John Bovet

Oneup

Not sure about a template but I would go with woodcraft.  The directions are usually straight forward and the replacement pucks are cheap.  Not to mention that almost everyone at trackdays and races carry spares.

A good no cut one is the Sato's.  I didn't look at the availability for the Honda's, but the ones for the Suzukis are nice.  Only problem is that replacement pucks are super pricey.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

MotoPutz

I never had a problem cutting my fairings... I'm sure I could help... measure twice, cut once.

bkrblood

yea i guess best way to do it with his would be to pull the fairings off and just make reference points. i had cut mine with the fairings still on the bike
John Bovet

MotoPutz

Justin

The sliders I bought had a paper template to lay over the bodywork.  it says "Drill Here Stupid"
Motovation  

I thought they all had that.

2wcp is a motovation dealer.

MotoPutz

Quote from: Justino on May 09, 2010, 11:22:50 PM
The sliders I bought had a paper template to lay over the bodywork.  it says "Drill Here Stupid"
Motovation   

I thought they all had that.

brand?

Justin

highlighted Motovation for you putz.

MotoPutz

Your post was not specific that "motivation" was the brand. and I'm no idiot. Don't blame me that your post didn't make sense!!

Justin

I admit i wasn't clear, and wasn't calling you an idiot.
My post didn't make sense, so i fixed it for everyone.

Motovation. 

MotoPutz

youngster775

Alan and I did mine just the other week, on the bike. piece of cake! use small drill bit to find center (bolthole) once you found it, mark the right one. cover your fairing with masking tape where your gonna cut. mark center with sharpie. use the right size holehawg in drill running in reverse. thats it. perfect smooth circle!  :P get er done.
and Allen (xxxxl) was gracious enough to bring the hole hawg and instruct us to run it in reverse.  ;D
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

99 900ss duc

Quote from: youngster775 on May 10, 2010, 08:42:30 AM
Alan and I did mine just the other week, on the bike. piece of cake! use small drill bit to find center (bolthole) once you found it, mark the right one. cover your fairing with masking tape where your gonna cut. mark center with sharpie. use the right size holehawg in drill running in reverse. thats it. perfect smooth circle!  :P get er done.

hey i had a hand in that too.. my hole hawg and my idea to run it backwards. big teeth on a hole hawg will grab and crack your plastics so run backwards and TAKE YOUR TIME

gsxr600scoot

Quote from: XXXXL on May 10, 2010, 03:59:50 PM
Alan and I did mine just the other week, on the bike. piece of cake! use small drill bit to find center (bolthole) once you found it, mark the right one. cover your fairing with masking tape where your gonna cut. mark center with sharpie. use the right size holehawg in drill running in reverse. thats it. perfect smooth circle!  :P get er done.

hey i had a hand in that too.. my hole hawg and my idea to run it backwards. big teeth on a hole hawg will grab and crack your plastics so run backwards and TAKE YOUR TIME
Your "hand" and hole dawg were much appreciated  ;D

youngster775

Quote from: XXXXL on May 10, 2010, 03:59:50 PM

fixed  :P
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F