Main Menu

Is anyone interested in doing a different configuration at RFR?

Started by A DRAGON, May 07, 2010, 09:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

walk it anytime the track is closed.  A sunset stroll on the sunset straight?

dragxs11

I think it should depend on your #'s Jerome.  The novice guys I talk to prefer what the're used to(C) so they can focus on technique.  Those of us who are faster are mostly either indifferent or up to a challenge.  I'd suggest C for this time as a lot of us haven't seen a track in over 6 months.  If your gonna change config. lets wait till June.

dmh2000

dave

Justin

Quote from: Justino on May 13, 2010, 10:02:47 PM
This thread was just a conversation starter.
We engage in this type of banter two times per year.

It's easy to BS about such ideas, in fact it's pretty fun to consider what reverse C is like but the truth is we make decisions slowly and cautiously (some say too slowly) and we get a ton of input first (this thread is about the input, not the decision.
It's just a subject for chat.
"C" you at the track!  ;)
Quote from: zipbyu on May 13, 2010, 07:50:27 PM
Of course we are not changing it this trackday comming up.  All the other issues are not real issues. It feels like riding a different track, thats is all.  If we ran it clockwise all the time we would say counter-clockwise? The hoot and holler would be scary.  I had ridden only 4 other tracks, but you learn them quickily.  All tracks present certian danger and challanges.  That why we like them. Right?

albend

Quote from: youngster775 on May 07, 2010, 10:13:01 AM
I would like to do C configuration BACKWARDS! I did that last year, and what a blast! It really helps you put some of the turns together that may have been giving you trouble.. gives you a whole nother' perspective of the race line....

Agree!!!! C BACKWARDS!!!

zipbyu

I heard once you go C clockwise you dont go back. ::)
I would like to present for the "June" trackday C backwards on sunday only.  
People who ride A and B groups are open to changing it up.  The newer riders in C are not fond of the idea because it is change and they never experienced anything else.  If new riders could run it backwards they would love it and have a great experince.  THIS IS A COMMENT ONLY.  WE ARE NOT CHANGING ANYTHING YET OR IF AT ALL.

Justin

Quote from: zipbyu on May 21, 2010, 08:13:57 AM
THIS IS A COMMENT ONLY.  WE ARE NOT CHANGING ANYTHING YET OR IF AT ALL.
You mean we have to run C backwards tomorrow?  You're CRAZY, man!! :D :D :D

A DRAGON

H was pretty cool when we ran it once. Maybe we'll just have to devote an entire weekend to one other configuration. That would give everyone the opportunity to do another configuration and another Track.  We'll see how it goes. I just hate to see all that asphalt going to waste.

I know we don't run thunderhill because it's not like Fernley or Infineon because it's not like Thunderhill. I would just be another track with some more challenges. If it's dangerous absolutely not.... Just because it's something new It would make for a new track with different challenges. Think about it.  I really don't think It would be that bad. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

youngster775

I know we don't run thunderhill because it's not like Fernley or Infineon because it's not like Thunderhill.

HUH?  :-\
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

edmunsan

Quote from: n10sive on May 12, 2010, 09:39:20 PM
Quote from: reno240sx on May 12, 2010, 09:22:17 PM
I liked the configuration zoom zoom had on their race weekend. I really liked going up the slide. I know it's extra work putting up the extra barriers and stuff so it isn't as feasible as the others.

This! I loved that config. Of course...I'm still a little nervous going into 1 after my crash last year  :'( :(
The best way to get over that nervousness is to put padding were it hurt. Sure you would look like the Michellin man but you would be on the track. I havn't met anyone that didn't look cool on the track. Well maybe youngters avatar is an exeption :D
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

n10sive

Quote from: edmunsan on May 21, 2010, 09:24:53 PM
Quote from: n10sive on May 12, 2010, 09:39:20 PM
Quote from: reno240sx on May 12, 2010, 09:22:17 PM
I liked the configuration zoom zoom had on their race weekend. I really liked going up the slide. I know it's extra work putting up the extra barriers and stuff so it isn't as feasible as the others.

This! I loved that config. Of course...I'm still a little nervous going into 1 after my crash last year  :'( :(
The best way to get over that nervousness is to put padding were it hurt. Sure you would look like the Michellin man but you would be on the track. I havn't met anyone that didn't look cool on the track. Well maybe youngters avatar is an exeption :D

Hey..I could get one of those inflatable vests like this chick and ScotInExcile wears!!! LOL

oh wait... :o ;D :D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Crazy Carl

I'm from SCR and had never ridden 'C' configuration until this past weekend.  I have been to RFR three times previously and always ran H configuration.  While I like a lot of the corners in the back section, the track was VERY mentally taxing to get around as there are SO many corners.  H has it's drawbacks, there is a speed bump in the right hander as you enter the spine that is quite exciting, but having a significantly shorter lap gives you more laps per session and makes it easier for new riders to learn the track and thus progress.

My two cents.

~Carl
~Carl