Main Menu

Is anyone interested in doing a different configuration at RFR?

Started by A DRAGON, May 07, 2010, 09:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr1150

Paul has it right the reverse pattern is really great, and the Hoot-N-Hollar is a blast going down hill.
"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

mase

it sounds like several people have done it backwards and they feel it was great.  I'm good for trusting others and tryin it out.  I would agree to advertise it though for others.
Sean Mason

jlavallee

johnzee

I wouldn't mind mixing it up a bit, I think I did course H backwards last year at a test and tune day and It felt like I was at a whole different track. It would help build those Ben Spies skills at mastering new tracks quickly :)

reno240sx

I liked the configuration zoom zoom had on their race weekend. I really liked going up the slide. I know it's extra work putting up the extra barriers and stuff so it isn't as feasible as the others.

n10sive

Quote from: reno240sx on May 12, 2010, 09:22:17 PM
I liked the configuration zoom zoom had on their race weekend. I really liked going up the slide. I know it's extra work putting up the extra barriers and stuff so it isn't as feasible as the others.

This! I loved that config. Of course...I'm still a little nervous going into 1 after my crash last year  :'( :(
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

youngster775

most of the configurations other than C are very dangerous to us motorbikers... you shall see and will come to the agreement C forward or backwards is the WAY TO GO.  8)
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

A DRAGON

I've done course H before. If you go left of Hoot and hallla. follow the track pass the slide and on to the back bowl. It's pretty cool your just on the gas all the time. I really liked it.

Remember if you do the track backwards it may be fun but Turn one (1) has no run off area. Well if you call a ditch a run off area. Is the only problem with the Track Back wards.

I'd love to do the slide. I've heard bad things about the bottom at speed.

I would also like it if you got to the top of the the hoot and turned right and headed to sunset straight. I think that would be pretty cool too.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

zipbyu

yes, but riding anything other than c will take out all of the smooth corners.  A couple before and after the back strait.

Team Gorgonzola

Being the first track day of the season I would like to keep things simple. For me (and perhaps, the majority) is the "C" configuration run traditionally, counterclockwise. Most of us have not ridden much yet so it would be good to use previous knowledge and be comfortable for the fist weekend. As far as going backward, I did that at a t&t and as Jerome said turn one is not very friendly; also you gain much more speed as the esses can be straighten out, and added to the straight as launching pad. A lot of the track has blind rises right before turns on the back side. The hoot and Holler is anything but flowing and I didn't think much of it.
That's my opinion folks.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

zipbyu

Of course we are not changing it this trackday comming up.  All the other issues are not real issues. It feels like riding a different track, thats is all.  If we ran it clockwise all the time we would say counter-clockwise? The hoot and holler would be scary.  I had ridden only 4 other tracks, but you learn them quickily.  All tracks present certian danger and challanges.  That why we like them. Right?

Oneup

Before we could decide on a different configuration a track walk would need to be conducted by the Trackday Committee, some board members, and a few experienced racers.  We would need to determine if the configuration would be safe to run.  It may not seem like a big deal but I know a couple of people that have been seriously hurt at this track.  We would need to look at the amount of run-off, the hazards in the run-off (rocks, ditches, etc), whether or not there are walls or any large objects (flag station) in any possible impact zone.

The SSA board and Trackday Committee want to make sure everyone has a fun and SAFE trackday experience.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

AFM937

As Greg said You guys need to check out the track first. I rode around in April and there are alot of new areas of concern. Previous knowledge may not work very well in some areas due to bumps or bigger bumps etc. We all know people who have been injured at every track but we all know that you don't want to go off track at RFR. To me "C" is old hat every trackday provider runs it unless theres oil on the track which causes a change. I won't be there to ride but everyone needs to remember to slow down a bit and work on their technique. Its only practice so just have fun and NO CRASHING!!!!!
SLAYING A DRAGON

just kidding peeps

Justin

This thread was just a conversation starter.
We engage in this type of banter two times per year.

It's easy to BS about such ideas, in fact it's pretty fun to consider what reverse C is like but the truth is we make decisions slowly and cautiously (some say too slowly) and we get a ton of input first (this thread is about the input, not the decision.
It's just a subject for chat.
"C" you at the track!  ;)

Rick Bay (BRA)