Main Menu

Is anyone interested in doing a different configuration at RFR?

Started by A DRAGON, May 07, 2010, 09:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

Just wondering if it would make anyone disappointed if we ran a different configurtion at RFR. I'd like to do "H" for one or our dates. Or even something different. WE have so many to choose from. I just think we could really change the track and have some fun. What do you think and which one appeals to you more?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

2wcp

H is pretty fun. The transition from the Spine to the bowl is kinda rough but still a good time.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

youngster775

I would like to do C configuration BACKWARDS! I did that last year, and what a blast! It really helps you put some of the turns together that may have been giving you trouble.. gives you a whole nother' perspective of the race line....
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

XIII

RFR C is hard on the left and a counter clockwise config should give us even wear on tires without needing to switch tire orientation. Save money.

edit: I've never ran C backwards and, for the record, I never gain insight on running a track backwards (GT and TT and other racing games.) I look at it as if it's a new track and attack it that way.

mase

C configuration backwards would be tough going down Hoot-N-Hollar.  Other than that, it would be fun.  I think it would be a more difficult configuration and how many new track riders would be there.  Just different thoughts.
Sean Mason

dr1150

I also ran C last year backwards, I fill that Its the most FUN of the different configuration.

Just my Two Cents
"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

Justin

Some providers run the track backwards for a couple sessions. . . Maybe don't commit to an entire day, but end a Sunday with a couple sessions session in REVERSE.

Either that or I do K-1 and the rest of you do k-2 :)

dr1150

"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

Rick Bay (BRA)

zipbyu

H takes out a few really smooth corners, some of the only ones out there.  I think it is unrealistic to divide the day up, new riders would not have a chance to learn anything.  I think a saterday one way and sunday the reverse on the C course would be fun.  Buttonwillow does it this way.  When, if we decide you will know it long before to pay for the day.   

Justin

I've been at track days where the riders vote to reverse for the last two sessions.
Myron is right. . . if it's more than a couple sessions we need to advertise it first

XIII

I wouldn't want half half because of the length and difficulty of memorizing the track. Think of the new peeps on the track. I would rather do a 1 day forward and the next day backwards.

cagle

Quote from: youngster775 on May 07, 2010, 10:13:01 AM
I would like to do C configuration BACKWARDS! I did that last year, and what a blast! It really helps you put some of the turns together that may have been giving you trouble.. gives you a whole nother' perspective of the race line....

X2 I have done that twice. It was a kick both times.

youngster775

Quote from: dr1150 on May 07, 2010, 05:10:17 PM
I also ran C last year backwards, I fill that Its the most FUN of the different configuration.

Just my Two Cents
Dave, wasn't that a great day?! It gave me a whole new perspective on the track. now I think I can carry more speed thru 1a 1b 1c...and the peanut, what a blast!
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F