Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

street tires

Started by bkrblood, May 02, 2010, 09:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkrblood

ok so after the ride ive noticed that i can start to see the wear indicators on my rear tire. not quite yet time to replace but it is in the back of my mind and wondering what i should replace it with. right now got the stock bridgestone on it. i have nothing to compare it to so was wondering what you guys like. beginner rider and used mostly for commuting to and from work. thanks you guys!
John Bovet

n10sive

Michellin 2CT (dual compound) work well for street (harder center) and twisties (softer sides).

I couldn't tell you what the equivalent Perelli's would be.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MotoPutz

I like pirelli tires.  Rosso, or a Corsa III is a dual compound...

Justin

I'm a michellin fan   The 2ct are a great and one you can use for the track without any issue at all.
One of our faster trackday riders (texas russell) flew with 2ct's.

zipbyu

As a big part of going fast on the track is the ability to be able to slide your bike.  This is easer to do on less sticky rudder.  The abverse effect is "I" find that the better dot race tires slide more predictible, and you still have plenty of grip in the slide.
Different types of tires will feel different.  Thay will change your geomerty which affects turning due to the size differents.  A 180/55/17 is not the same between the manufactures.
In short, I have never tried the ct2 but people at your level love them.  You dont need to waste money on buying the expensive rubber that you dont need, yet.  

mikey

I get my 2ct tires front and rear from Steve at 2wcp   
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

Justin

OEM tires are two steps behind the 2ct's.  Which is a huge leap up in performance.

2wcp

The Pilot Powers or the Diablo Rosso Tires are the way to go on the street.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

cobra23

2CT.

Got mine from SPL. They now have about 10,050 miles on them, I am thinkin about 6 track days, they feel great, the sides are trashed now from Fernley, but they are fine on the street, still have about 2000 miles left on the center.

I had Pilot power (non 2CT) they felt like "wood", the 2CT for some reason has a much better feedback from the track/ road surface.

2wcp

The Pilot Power and the 2ct have the same compund in the center of the tire. The edges are softer on the 2ct.
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

2wcp

Quote from: Gangplank on May 06, 2010, 03:27:07 PM
Quote from: 2wcp on May 06, 2010, 03:22:24 PM
The Pilot Power and the 2ct have the same compund in the center of the tire. The edges are softer on the 2ct.

Now that is good to know.....   The 2ct softer edge. Hmmm....  Powers look to be just a bit less expensive no?

Yes more expensive, not a whole lot though.
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

mase

I've enjoyed the 2ct's for 5 sets now.  The only thing I've noticed is they don't give any warning when they are going to let go.  (That was in the middle of August and very hot) I've been told the 208 give a little more warning.  I'm giving them a try.  I'll be able to give a better idea after the 23rd.
Sean Mason

Qwik

Im riding the New Power Pure and like it a lot on the street feels good to  me but i dont know really what feel I am looking for in a tire for the most part. I do know its 2 pounds lighter then the Pilot Power 2ct I will have it on when I do  my first track day in 2 weeks.
Chicken strips so big KFC is after my recipe.

bkrblood

i was looking at those tires too. figgure they might not last as long on the street but if they hold alot better then just the 2cts its worth it.
John Bovet

Justin

The pure's should last as long as the Power 2ct's
They're lighter and have that softer compound over more than just the last inch of tire.
Pilot Pure's look to be a big improvement over the Pilot Power 2ct's.