Main Menu

5/22 and 5/23 SSA Track weekend at Reno Fernley Race Track

Started by Justin, April 23, 2010, 05:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkrblood

are they going to be the same price rates as the first track day? i have a feeling i wont be able to pull together the cash in time for a full session.
John Bovet

Crazy Carl

Hey everyone! I'm joining you guys via Sacramento Crotch Rockets and I'm really lookin' forward to this track day.  I will be on my CBR400 so please leave a little paint on my bike when you pass me on the straightaways!

Please let me know if I'm supposed to do an intro thread someplace.
~Carl

99 900ss duc

welcome to the knutthouse
thats a good idea but we dont have a new  member intro thread

Rick Bay (BRA)

Justin

hey Carl,  were you able to straighten out the Paypal thing?

WebrraAAP!!

Another SCR'er here.  I am bringing the DRZ SM for another great time at RFR.  I am setup for just about any practice day but I am helping another setup his Supermoto for track.  Do you any special SM specific requirements? 

Also, I recently became addicted to Oreo's and gained 15 pnds just last week! Is there going to a suspension tech there?  What about tires?  Haven't seen any info on this and just wanted to make sure since I haven't done a track day with SSA before.

Is there camping on Friday too?

Thanks guys!

Justin

several great questions. SPL, our tire service provider and 4theriders.com (photography) have confirmed and 'lunch truck' will be trackside.
There are no specific requirements for your SM,(letting me borrow it for a lap is optional)
This year there are charges for security.

Camping is available Saturday only for a $10 fee.  It's rather bare-bones camping.  There track is providing sani-huts and a hand-wash station, but no water or power after 6pm

youngster775

Quote from: Justino on May 04, 2010, 10:19:29 AM
several great questions. Due to AFM schedule, our service providers won't be at our event on this weekend.
Photography(4theriders.com) has confirmed and 'lunch truck' will be trackside.
There are no specific requirements for your SM,(letting me borrow it for a lap is optional)
This year there are charges for security, but there are quite a few of you coming over. I'm going to bring up 'Friday camping' with our board members to see what, if anything, can be arranged with track mgmt.

It's rather bare-bones camping.  There track is providing sani-huts and a hand-wash station, but no water or power after 6pm

party at my house!!!!! I'll bring the captain!  ;D
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

WebrraAAP!!

Quote from: Justino on May 04, 2010, 10:19:29 AM
several great questions. Due to AFM schedule, our service providers won't be at our event on this weekend.
Photography(4theriders.com) has confirmed and 'lunch truck' will be trackside.
This year there are charges for security, but there are quite a few of you coming over. I'm going to bring up 'Friday camping' with our board members to see what, if anything, can be arranged with track mgmt.

It's rather bare-bones camping.  There track is providing sani-huts and a hand-wash station, but no water or power after 6pm

Thanks a lot!

Adiggity

Quote from: WebrraAAP!! on May 04, 2010, 10:04:35 AM
Another SCR'er here.  I am bringing the DRZ SM for another great time at RFR.  I am setup for just about any practice day but I am helping another setup his Supermoto for track.  Do you any special SM specific requirements? 

Also, I recently became addicted to Oreo's and gained 15 pnds just last week! Is there going to a suspension tech there?  What about tires?  Haven't seen any info on this and just wanted to make sure since I haven't done a track day with SSA before.

Is there camping on Friday too?

Thanks guys!

Hey WebrraAAP. As for camping on Friday, the answer is unfortunately no. You can camp Saturday but there is a $10 camping fee. This year at RFR there is new track management and the rules have changed a bit. If your coming Friday night, I would suggest just camping outside the gate/entrance and just come in in the morning when they open the gates. Also, there should be tire services there, but not suspension service. In the meantime, try to take it easy on the Oreos, ok. Glad you found us.  :)

WebrraAAP!!

So tire services are for sure?  I had posted no tire service on the SCR board based off of Justino's reply.  I just want to make sure before I post it back to avoid any more confusion.

Hoologan

Quote from: Gangplank on May 05, 2010, 02:18:06 PM
Sorry for the confusion & late reply. Just wanted to confirm there would be tire serivce at the trackday on the 22nd & 23rd.
WE WILL HAVE A SHOP AT THE TRACK WITH SOME TIRES AVAIL FOR SALE   that weekend.  

2 Wheel Custom Performance (aka 2wcp here on the board) will be there with some tires, mounting and balancing available. Steve is a good guy and does work for many member's bikes.

Good stuff.  I don't think my rear will last through Saturday, so I'll need to get my other one mounted.
GSXR600, DL1000

MotoPutz

Correct that is C, ran in a counter clockwise direction...

SPL

Hey guys just letting everyone know and confirming we will be at the track day.  So tires,suspension adjustments and dynos will be available if needed.
Building Dreams One Bike At A Time!  775-825-4457