Main Menu

5/22 and 5/23 SSA Track weekend at Reno Fernley Race Track

Started by Justin, April 23, 2010, 05:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilde Racing

I wish I could have made it out there... I could hear you guys out there from my back yard.......
05 CBR 1000rr

dragxs11

Had an awesome time yesterday.  Bike took a beating from the gravel.  Hoot was the worst.  I'll mention it to Danny.  Seems like either they didn't prep it at all, or not enough.  Dust/sand is unavoidable, but rocks grinding between my tire and fender!?!?!  Not pissed, happy to have the track open, just wondering if we can improve on this.

Justin

it was debris and rubble coming off the rear tires, They blew the track in the eve friday and again 530 am saturday.  not sure what went wrong with prep.

oldBolt

"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

mean green 79

Saturday was a great day. Lots of fun. Thanks SSA.

dr1150

"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

Hoologan

Hey guys!  GREAT F-ing job this weekend!  All of us over at SCR were damn impressed with the organization of this event.  Rick Tahoe, great job managing the grid bro.  We all appreciate the early warnings when it's time to ride take off the down parka and don the leathers, lol.  We will definitely see you all at RFR again!

Sunday was my birthday and I can't think of a better way to spend it than hanging out with friends at the track and making new friends, so THANK YOU!

All of your peeps are cool as hell too!  We spoke to Jerome a bit about hooking up with you all on some rides in the future. 

Justin, I had a blast ripping with you near the end of the day.  Thanks for going easy on me, lol.

Thanks again!

-Logan
GSXR600, DL1000

Darren

So glad and happy my favorite track is open again!! Thank you SSA!!! We will be back next month!!!
Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat!

"I ride slow so my friends look fast"

Www.sacramentocrotchrockets.com

youngster775

QuoteBike took a beating from the gravel

[/quote]
+ 1 MILLION! BRAND NEW PAINT BEAT UP!
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

mikey

sunday was so great
get passed make passes

thanks to everybody

SSA is the best group on the planet ;D
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

pyxie

This was THE best track day experience I've had to date! Thank you thank you so much to everyone at SSA for putting this together. It was a pleasure to finally meet Justino (how's your collar??) and Jerome (send me info on that tailbag!). I've ridden RFR many times before but this was my first time with my new bike. Started with a rusty first session but after that it was all uphill. ^_^ Found myself getting faster and more confident as the day progressed. I thought 77mph on the front straight was fast but by the end of the day I got up to about 120mph! Didn't have any OH SHIT moments...maybe a few OH moments...but that was it.

I'd like to say hi to Paul and John (wave) and Paige! She was the gal in the blue 250. Hope to see you again in future track days! I really appreciated how everyone was friendly and supportive. It was chilly but after doing a couple of sessions it warmed up. The snow made it all that more special!

I'm very excited to come ride with you guys again so plan on seeing a bunch of us SCR peeps throughout this season! See ya soon and thank you again!
The Ride Is The Destination!

Click For Cool Moto Shirts -> http://www.zazzle.com/pinaypyxie

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Hoologan on May 24, 2010, 12:13:49 PM
Hey guys!  GREAT F-ing job this weekend!  All of us over at SCR were damn impressed with the organization of this event.  Rick Tahoe, great job managing the grid bro.  We all appreciate the early warnings when it's time to ride take off the down parka and don the leathers, lol.  We will definitely see you all at RFR again!
Thanks again!
-Logan

It was my pleasure. I hope see you next time!!! Thank you!!!

horsepower

Just want to add my thanks, admiration and appreciation for a job incredibly well done by SSA.  Outstanding effort  FROM THE GRID, TO THE INSTRUCTORS TO THE ORGANIZATION ITSELF.   Kudos to all of you.   Jerome, you ROCK!!!  What a great group of guys at RFR.    Our Davis group was definitely happy and all smiles from the weekend.   An awesome track day and even Mother Nature seemed to have fun with it.   Can't wait to come back with a few more of our riders next time.  Thanks for keeping RFR alive and kicking....up rocks, haha. ;D

n10sive

Just so there is no misconception, the trackday was plan and run by Myron (ZipByU), Luke (Putz) and his wife, Greg (Oneup), Justino, Youngster775 and a few others on the Trackday committee and promotions comittee. They worked hard for weeks leading up to this weekend and deserve all the credit. Jerome is like Ronald McDonald...he doesn't actually make the burgers, but gets to go to all the cool places LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

youngster775

Quote from: n10sive on May 25, 2010, 07:52:09 PM
Just so there is no misconception, the trackday was plan and run by Myron (ZipByU), Luke (Putz) and his wife, Greg (Oneup), Justino, Youngster775 and a few others on the Trackday committee and promotions comittee. They worked hard for weeks leading up to this weekend and deserve all the credit. Jerome is like Ronald McDonald...he doesn't actually make the burgers, but gets to go to all the cool places LOL

;D
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F