Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

R6 Rick "tank slapper"

Started by zipbyu, April 03, 2010, 08:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zipbyu

I heard R6 Rick had a tank slapper at thunder hill out of 15 and all the way down the strait hitting the wall 3 times.  Then crashed and got a air flight.  I hear he is doing well.  Got away with "just" a broken wrist.  People who saw it dont really understand how he did that all the way down the strait, I guess something with the front wheel.
   I hope you are well and recover fast.  See you soon.  
   Stuff happens and dont be down on yourself, see what happened to Arron Yates last week. Ouch.

youngster775

glad your ok rick... heal up before summer, we got alot of trackdays to do..including MILLER!......
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Justin

There is nothing crappier than the way you feel after a crash.

Watch a couple races.
See the best in the world crash the same way,
and know you are in the company of greatness.

Few among us are up to the challenge.

rick07r6

From my facebook post:

A little update, since I was on a lot of morphine yesterday. Yesterday during my trackday at Thunderhill I got a really bad tankslapper coming out of the last turn. I tried to ride it out, but got repeatedly slammed against the concrete barrier next to the hot pit. The bike was still going pretty fast after that and went past the barrier and headed toward another wall, this one made of tires I'm told. When I saw the bike heading for it I bailed. After that I don't remember anything until the medics came. From what people tell me I then slammed into the wall of tires and then my bike slammed into me.  I was in a tremendous amount of pain. When my hand hit the concrete wall it broke the bone in my hand going to my pinky so bad I was sticking out of my hand. My leg got crushed and hurt a ton. Luckily, it doesn't look like I broke anything in the leg. The medics cut my leathers off and told me I was waiting for a care flight to Chico. They said fifteen minutes and it felt like hours. Finally the helicopter came a rushed me to er where I was taken care of. I wasn't able to eat anything yesterday because I would just throw it up. I didn't want any pain meds because I thought they were making me sick. I finally got anti nausea meds and some more pain meds since by that time the pain was excruciating. Right afterwards I ate a salad and was able to keep it down. That was the best salad Ive ever had in my life.

As of right now im still at the hospital and should be released sooner than later.

D1NO

Damn Rick... :o Glad to hear you're ok. Heal up quickly bro!

n10sive

Heal up Rick! I know the feeling...was there last year :(
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Justin

I know a guy that does great paint.

Morphine makes me vomit AS WELL as tearful/weepy. I definitely need a Zofran chaser.
  Vomiting while injured is more pain than i need.

dr1150

Rick, Sorry to here what happened. I hope your doing OK!!! Get well soon and take care.
"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

JENX!!!

Unfortunately crashing is a part of our loved sport. heal up soon man.
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

mikey

Glad to hear you are ok    heal up fast
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

jlavallee

Glad to hear you're going to be OK. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

bkrblood

glad to hear your ok i know wreckin is part of out sport but i hope it never happens to bad
John Bovet

mase

Get better quick.  Happy to hear your O.K.
Sean Mason

Team Gorgonzola

Heal fast Rick, the season is just starting. :)
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

rick07r6