Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

2008 gsxr600 cat

Started by bkrblood, February 08, 2010, 08:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkrblood

ok so i just ordered a jardine gp1 slip on for my 08 gixer 6.  i know the cat has been welded on for my bike but i was wondering if anyone knew of a mid pipe for the bike if i cut the cat off.  I wanted to cut the cat off to get that huge weight off plus wanna get the bike opened up more.  any tips?
John Bovet

Justin

bkrblood

well just put the new jardine gp1 pipe on the bike. sounds great! saves a ton of weight too!
John Bovet

Wilde Racing

Did you do anything with the cat?
05 CBR 1000rr

bkrblood

no not yet. bike sounds great. does anyone know if the cat would be enough for a baffel legaly? ive the the baffle in it right now but would like to pull it.
John Bovet

mikey

How about taking it to the professional  Suzuki guy who race's em   Steve at 2wheel custom performance.

if you open it up that much it might need a new fuel map
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

bkrblood

yea honesetly not to worried bout power gains. this is my first bike and still getting a handel on it.
John Bovet

2wcp

Quote from: bkrblood on February 15, 2010, 07:10:33 PM
yea honesetly not to worried bout power gains. this is my first bike and still getting a handel on it.

Its not about power, its about ridability. Fuel mapping smoothes out the power curve making the bike easier to ride. Less choppy going from 0% throttle to small throttle openings. And doesn't surge under maintenance throttle.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

mikey

Quote from: 2wcp on February 16, 2010, 09:47:17 AM
Quote from: bkrblood on February 15, 2010, 07:10:33 PM

Its not about power, its about ridability. Fuel mapping smoothes out the power curve making the bike easier to ride. Less choppy going from 0% throttle to small throttle openings. And doesn't surge under maintenance throttle.

that is what I was trying to say ;D ;D ;D ;D
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)