Main Menu

Official roll call for Miller June 12-13 2010

Started by Oneup, February 02, 2010, 09:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Turn Burgler

It was great, I got on the track at 3p.m. or so, and clocked 42 (186miles)laps one after another.  Only stopping for gas when the light went on. :-*

onceayear

Although the weather was not ideal, there were times when the track was dry. One aggressive lap around this first class track, rewards you with a unique and exciting (puckering) experience, which have not been reproduced by other tracks. Yes the weekend could have been better and worse. But, overall it was still great, with a great group of Reno guys.

A DRAGON

I'm so happy you guys had a great time. I Love when we get together and do that track day. It's the best. Great People, Great Track =  Great fun. Kudos to all who went. That's what this club is all about. Just riding MOTORCYCLES..... ;D ;D ;D ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

JeffW

It was really nice to be in the garage with all the rain. I would have been pretty sad under my wet canopy. We had some dry riding on Saturday before the rain closed in. Then on Sunday I was packed up and was ready to leave and decided to stay a little longer. The weather cleared around 2pm and I unloaded my bike. We got some dry riding in starting at 3pm. They kept the track open an extra hour for us. They did away with groups, so everyone that stayed got as much track time as they could handle. The only part of the track that never dried out was the demon, devil, diablo section which had streaks of water running across in several places. Overall I had a good time. I've been to Miller three times now. Twice in June and once in September. Every time it has rained at some time during the event. So I think you need to be prepared for rain when you go there. The track dries quickly, so rain doesn't spoil an event unless the rain never stops, which is what almost happened to us this weekend.

A DRAGON

Jeff thanks for using the Garage this time. Now I don't feel disrespected. Your always welcome where ever we go. Your a local Lone Wolf.  No Problem. We'll be there when ever you want us. Congratulations on your great weekend at Miller. WE are so fortunate to have that facility so close to us. To not take advantage of it is a travesty. See you at an SSA day soon.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: The Turn Burgler on June 14, 2010, 02:53:10 PM
It was great, I got on the track at 3p.m. or so, and clocked 42 (186miles)laps one after another.  Only stopping for gas when the light went on. :-*

Holy cow :o I think I could only manage 8/10 laps before I had to come up for air ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

Jerome,

Thank you and your club for making the trip to enjoy our facility and support Keigwins @ the Track. April weather in June 2 years in a row just has us scratching our heads and the folks that have lived here for years tell me it is just not normal. Anyway Lance has booked his 2011 dates and  we will  look forward to hosting you and your club for a couple of dry track days.

Best regards,

Mitch Wright

Director of Racing

Miller Motorsports Pa
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Team Gorgonzola

Stand up and be recognized SSA'ers. Maybe next year....
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-