Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Air bag suit.

Started by zipbyu, December 26, 2009, 08:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zipbyu

Stupid air "protection" system.  This guy was going so slow, he could of slid on his back for only 10 feet.  Looks as he started the roll on purpose and then tried pushing his head towads the groung too.  Complete unreallistic conditions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo9Vlt5tGwY&NR=1&feature=fvwp

I would think that I am somewhat a expert in crashing, if you knew me well you would agree.  Your body can only bend and squish so much.  Sometimes it seems more than others.  I would be uncomfortable to isolate it during a crash.   
     What do you think?

For more on this topic check out this guy, some might know him from the X games, I like his crashing science.  Bob Burnquist. 

n10sive

justino and i talked about these things and the possibility that they would induce rolling instead of sliding....which is a bad thing. this video...whether he was acting or not is stupid for dianese as it shows ROLLING and not sliding (as leathers were designed to do for maximum protection).

Once again...airbags...BLEH!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike