Main Menu

MotoGP 2011 season in Brazil

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), December 03, 2009, 07:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bay (BRA)

It was my dream but it won't happen soon.  :'(

Since at the begging of this year the "Interlagos Raceway" in Sao Paulo – Brazil (25 miles from my home in Sao Paulo) was studying a proposal to organize MotoGP in 2011 season.

Last week (Nov 26th), the head guy who takes care of this kind of business in Sao Paulo said the MotoGP there would be a crazy thing because the FMI wants to change a lot of things on the track.

Those changes will cost hundreds of thousands dollars to do and the Brazilian executive men said he can not authorize to do that. Also the changes will conflict with the Formula 1 Race circuit. Interlagos Raceway is on the F1 schedule for a long time.

One of the critical things the FMI pointed out was the walls on same areas. I remember the first Adiggity's opinion about the Interlagos Raceway when he saw the track was about the walls. He said the walls were too close to the track in some parts. Do you remember Andy?

Well, the good news for Sao Paulo is that The Indy Racing League will open its 2010 season on the streets of Sao Paulo, the first time the Indy Car series has staged a race in Brazil.

I'm still proud of my country!

Rick

n10sive

congrats Rick!

Now if they can work on that murder rate LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: n10sive on December 03, 2009, 08:04:48 PM
congrats Rick!

Now if they can work on that murder rate LOL

Thanks Dale!
That's right...hahahaha

See you on Sunday

Rick Bay (BRA)

The Indy Racing League will open its 2010 season on the streets of Sao Paulo, the first time the IndyCar series has held a race in Brazil.

The race is scheduled for March 14.

Series officials spent much of last summer talking about the possibility of going to Brazil, the home country of last season's biggest sponsor, APEX-Brasil, which provides ethanol fuel for the IndyCars.

They had said the season opener would be in Brazil but had not announced the city.

Several prominent drivers in the series — including three-time Indy 500 winner Helio Castroneves, 2004 IRL points champion Tony Kanaan and Raphael Matos, last season's rookie of the year — are Brazil natives.

By Rick

Adiggity

Yes, I do remember. That is a bummer they won't do the mods to appease Moto GP. But nevertheless you should be proud of your country. After all, one of the best female grooming techniques comes from Brazil!  ;D

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Adiggity on December 04, 2009, 08:17:10 AM
Yes, I do remember. That is a bummer they won't do the mods to appease Moto GP. But nevertheless you should be proud of your country. After all, one of the best female grooming techniques comes from Brazil!  ;D

You are totally right brotha.  :D :D :D :D

Justin

Some of the best drivers and the best futbol players.

youngster775

Quote from: Justino on December 05, 2009, 06:43:15 PM
Some of the best drivers and the best futbol players.
Dont forget the bred Jiu Jitsu fighters.... the Gracie's  8)
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F