Main Menu

**RFR NEWS FLASH** Reno Fernley Racetrack

Started by A DRAGON, November 11, 2009, 10:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkrblood

ok do you know if they will be offering any leasons also ive never ridden a track before and dont want to go out and be stupid
John Bovet

Oneup

There will be plenty of instructors there.  Any of us would be glad to help. 
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

bkrblood

really means alot thanks man like ive said brand new to all this but have loved bike since i was little and have always wanted to get into it
John Bovet

Oneup

Wait till your first trackday, you will be hooked.  If you have any other questions feel free to post up. 
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Justin

You can come out with the SSA as we offer guidance as well as a separate orientation for newer riders (we keep you separate from the more experienced groups so you can have more fun, and not feel pressured to be a 'racer' on your first day.  
There are several guys in this very post who are instructors.  Oneup, ScotinExile, and I have worn the orange bib and enjoy offering our time and wisdom (what little we have) to making sure that EVERYONE has the best experience possible.
 When I am wearing the fluorescent instructor bib, I specialize in making sure the C group (newer riders) are all having a great time and have all their questions answered.
 My first rule for ANY ride is to have fun.
 You can't have fun if you feel scared or unsafe, you definitely can't have fun if you're crashing everywhere.

There is another track day provider that offers a great new rider program ZOOM ZOOM TRACK DAYS. Several of our members are ZOOM ZOOM intructors, too.
They are a professional track day provider that provides excellent new rider programs (of which I am a graduate)
The SSA differs from Zoom Zoom in that it is a motorcycle 'club,' that enjoys hosting track days as a way for our membership to share something many of us LOVE.  We love bringing new people into the fold and watching them get hooked.
  I have personally assisted in getting quite a few people totally addicted to the track (more than one are now faster than me)

In short, come out with us or Zoom Zoom, and in no time I'll be struggling to keep up with you.
Justin VP

whiskytango

Quotereally means alot thanks man like ive said brand new to all this but have loved bike since i was little and have always wanted to get into it

One track day wilth instruction (which you will be likely to have one on one as much as you can handle) is equal to an intire season out on the roads...
;)
CHAINDRIVEN

Justin

Quote from: whiskytango on March 03, 2010, 09:20:24 PM
One track day wilth instruction (which you will be likely to have one on one as much as you can handle) is equal to an intire season out on the roads...
;)
Not only is he absolutely right, but he is one I am going to have a very difficult time keeping up with. 

cmc2cat

It'll be nice to see what they do with the place! Even though I don't ride, I'm excited to see what improvements are done! :)

Justin

plans to re-do the sunset straight (in warmer temps) which doesn't help you much

2wcp

Quote from: whiskytango on March 03, 2010, 09:20:24 PM
Quotereally means alot thanks man like ive said brand new to all this but have loved bike since i was little and have always wanted to get into it

;)

Just don't let me instruct you, I'll just crash out infront of you, lol  ;D
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

whiskytango

QuoteJust don't let me instruct you, I'll just crash out infront of you, lol 
Yah you take insturction to a whole new level...  :P
"Here we have Steve, Resident Badass and now he will demonstrate A 65 MPH low side right in front of you."
"Watch now children as he slides through the what have you and then stands up dusts off a procedes to conferm  how much you suck by SCHOOLING you...  ;D  >:(  ;D"
CHAINDRIVEN

zipbyu

Steve will crash in front of anyone for attention. ;D

Is there any new news????? I think we should keep our offer the track same as last year. We will get the same for our money.  If thay want more money (this is the rummor)we should tell them to stick it.  It is known as negotiating.  We can bring 90+ people to the track on good days, they need us more than we need them. Of corse it doesnt seem like that though sometimes.

youngster775

2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

n10sive

Quote from: zipbyu on March 06, 2010, 08:31:56 AM
Steve will crash in front of anyone for attention. ;D

Is there any new news????? I think we should keep our offer the track same as last year. We will get the same for our money.  If thay want more money (this is the rummor)we should tell them to stick it.  It is known as negotiating.  We can bring 90+ people to the track on good days, they need us more than we need them. Of corse it doesnt seem like that though sometimes.

Wish this were true, but it's not. The board will be working on numbers...and an exciting deal that I cannot disclose at this time due to the fact we were just delivered the pricing and all the numbers will have to be factored. But know this, costs are costs, and even cut to the bone, they will be higher for the new operators as it should be obvious that they cannot operate it the same as the last proprietor (yeah...the one that went bankrupt). The SSA board will do EVERYTHING it can to a) conduct trackdays; b) make it affordable. Jerome has done a wonderful job staying in communications with the new owners and trying to get things worked out. But we are still having to wait on the new owners to finish up some details on their end. It's getting close though!!!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

zipbyu

So.....if thay increase cost "THAY WILL COME". The last owners failed because thay failed to listen to the customers about the facility.  If thay don't provide any other services, and increase the cost thay are going to fail even quicker than the last owners.  As it was, other motorcycle track providers loss or broke even when thay went to RFR.   Is the goverment running this track?  I just want state that thay are in no position to push us around.

OK so I am done venting my frustration, I hope you got some good rates on the track.  I am hopeful RFR will make it another year.