Main Menu

**RFR NEWS FLASH** Reno Fernley Racetrack

Started by A DRAGON, November 11, 2009, 10:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Wilde Racing

That doesnt sound/look good..  :-\

If they had plans on reopening it, why are they trying to sell it?
05 CBR 1000rr

n10sive

Quote from: Wilde Racing on February 18, 2010, 08:46:32 AM
That doesnt sound/look good..  :-\

If they had plans on reopening it, why are they trying to sell it?

The bank is the one keeping it open until they can find a buyer. Won't do any good to let it sit there and rot and lose all the good will the place has built.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

dmh2000

at first 38M sounds outlandish, but that's 75k per acre, which after a quick google seems to be in the ballpark for even undeveloped commercial land near fernley.
dave

oldBolt

We should ask Senator Reed to bail it out with some pork in any one of the 2400 page bills he is pushing through congress.  Grass root campaign to stimulate jobs/development bail out the track.  He did the same to save some old swimming pool in Reno a few years ago.  If each of us write him and can get two others to do the same just maybe................ Pork to the rescue in an election year!  :D
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

SPL

The track will open, as far as new improvements to the track like, bathrooms, repaving sections of the track ect.. Good luck.

The track is still under the same investors as before. They just setup new management is all and cut the cables out. These guys are doing the best they can with what tools they are given.    Trying to get the investors to pour in more cash on a project that is already hurting is slim to none.

Management has taken the notes on what the car and bike clubs would like to see improved but the biggest problem is cash flow still. The investors are still the same here. SO there is still no money.  And they have not agreed to throw more cash at it.

So the track is still in the same situation it was last season.  The investors are trying to hold on to it unless someone pops in with the asking price.

Honestly after speaking with them Im just happy they are going to reopen it for another season and try to keep it active..

It is nice to have this track in our backyard   
Building Dreams One Bike At A Time!  775-825-4457

Justin

Quote from: Superbike Performance Lab on February 18, 2010, 01:32:19 PM
The track will open, as far as new improvements to the track like, bathrooms, repaving sections of the track ect.. Good luck.
The track is still under the same investors as before. They just setup new management is all and cut the cables out. These guys are doing the best they can with what tools they are given.    Trying to get the investors to pour in more cash on a project that is already hurting is slim to none.
Management has taken the notes on what the car and bike clubs would like to see improved but the biggest problem is cash flow still. The investors are still the same here. SO there is still no money.  And they have not agreed to throw more cash at it.
So the track is still in the same situation it was last season.  The investors are trying to hold on to it unless someone pops in with the asking price.
Honestly after speaking with them Im just happy they are going to reopen it for another season and try to keep it active..
It is nice to have this track in our backyard   
Yes!
Exactly the same information from January 15th. Appreciate the confirmation.

n10sive

Quote from: Justino on February 18, 2010, 09:37:33 PMYes!

well...he was at the same meeting wasn't he?  :P
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

SPL

Quote from: n10sive on February 18, 2010, 10:20:12 PM
Quote from: Justino on February 18, 2010, 09:37:33 PMYes!

well...he was at the same meeting wasn't he?  :P

Ha ha ha you guys are funny. No I wasnt. I was with you in spirit! ;D

We had a meeting with them probably a week before you guys had yours.      Good to know they are keepin to the same story..
Building Dreams One Bike At A Time!  775-825-4457

edmunsan

Quote from: oldBolt on February 18, 2010, 11:15:50 AM
We should ask Senator Reed to bail it out with some pork in any one of the 2400 page bills he is pushing through congress.  Grass root campaign to stimulate jobs/development bail out the track.  He did the same to save some old swimming pool in Reno a few years ago.  If each of us write him and can get two others to do the same just maybe................ Pork to the rescue in an election year!  :D

Hell it couldn't hurt! Beat's not doing anything.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

Justin

UPDATE

I have it on good authority that the folks at RFR are working feverishly to get the track ready for the year.
They've got the former employees on the new payroll preparing the track to meet insurance requirements.

Progress is being made.

Justin,
Vice President

youngster775

heres the tire mess I've made so far....... 8)

theyre bolting these tires together as we speak....
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Justin

Quote from: youngster775 on March 03, 2010, 09:33:07 AM

theyre bolting these tires together as we speak....

See that one fat tire above the person's shadow.  That one is mine... I'm going to strike that one with my helmet this year.  I 'call' that tire

bkrblood

does anyone know what the costs are going to be for a track day?
John Bovet

Oneup

It will depend on what we can get the track for.  Last year they went for 110-130 a day.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr