Main Menu

**RFR NEWS FLASH** Reno Fernley Racetrack

Started by A DRAGON, November 11, 2009, 10:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike72

Glad to hear the GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you need workers; I'll be available

jlavallee

This is great news and I just want to say thanks to everyone in the SSA, especially our elected officials as having this great base of riders orgainzed really helps anyone who loves to ride!

n10sive

I would like to add to the conversation if I could. There is still a caveat out there. First...there will be more of an expense to hold a trackday there. The new operators will be talking more about this with us as they get further along the process. There will also be somewhat short notice on the days that we will get. So there is some ciphering involved.....track availability, dates and cost. The SSA will do everything it can to make happen what needs to happen, but it is going to take LOTS of work! We also have to figure out how to come up with corner workers, medical and other support functions that used to be provided by the last operator so we can keep our costs down. All good discussions...but it will still take more time and energy to get there.

The board and advisers really really appreciate all you guys in this club who are enthusiastic and willing to help! Let's rock this place! :)

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

RedLeader

this has probably been mentioned before, but...for corner workers and other non specialized support staff, what about doing something like work-a-day get-a-day, where you put a day in flagging, you get a free day at the track. Id be down for that.
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

mikey

I am here  ;D ;D

special thanks to everybody that took time to meet that people that did this for the rest of us.

I promise to to track more this year I have been working nights and I have Sundays off so I don't have to switch with someone for the day off.
Mikey
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

whiskytango

I would be a good corner cone...  No lets do this how can we help.?.?  flyers around town.?.?  Is there a posibility of scratching some sort of road around the perimeter and building areas for spectating because even if you get curious people to go out and check out the place, you can't see sh$t once you get past the "DO NOT ENTER/ KEEP OUT" signs, not very inviteing= Can't see the action = No excitement + No enthusaism= No word of mouth marketing (if you will) and we know that this is the most powerful and affortable way to promote anything.  Even driving buy RFR all you can see is their construction garabage dump.
         I know that this is basically just a bunch of rambling and there is alot that goes into it.  BUT...  I also think they are good points and I'm in to help so...      :-\  ;)
CHAINDRIVEN

D1NO

Great News!! I share in everybodys excitement..

Special thanks to Jerome and our elected officials for all the hard work and dedication. This is what makes our club,  i mean association unique!
And of course, our SSA members for the ideas, volunteer work and just plain support of the club. Bring on 2010!

ellis44n

great news, i was worried about my favorite track ;D

edmunsan

Than you!thank you! Exec. Board and active members. Im ready to help on the weekends. Im down with Red Leader idea. Special Meeting soon? I will hold out and wait to keep my money local. 
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

Justin

A corner workers daily rate is significantly cheaper than last years track fee, but i like the spirit!

Wilde Racing

WOW VERY COOL. I cant wait. Thanks to all the guys that made this happen.....
05 CBR 1000rr

mean green 79

This is great news. I had started converting my track bike back to street.

stimacsays

I see a trip out west this fall for TeamStimac. ;D

Rick Bay (BRA)

Very good news! It's awesome!! Thanks for sharing this info with us Justino....